Good idea
9 9%
Bad idea
94 91%
Voters: 103.
Page 1 of 7
Barbie is ****ing stupid to begin with
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Being fat isn't healthy, but being unrealistically skinny isn't either. Can't they just make a regular sized barbie instead of the two extremes?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Don't care, still fapped
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
my genes make me shovel too much food into me and not do any exercise. fvck you haters
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!

OT: That is a terrible and disgusting idea. Companies need to stop jumping on the role model band wagon.
Though saying that, I have only heard of 1 person who based their body image off the original barbie doll. Or any other dolls for that matter. Doesn't mean this will make people fat, but it will no doubt provide a handy scapegoat for people tired of blaming mcdonalds and spoons for making them fat.
So... you linked us to an article that's about a picture made by someone who is completely unassociated with Mattel. There's no announcement of an actual fat Barbie.

Just a picture.

Sounds like you're a bit more upset about it than anyone else.

Quote by StewieSwan
I'm getting so tired of this fat-shaming and fat-acceptance bullshit. Being fat is bad. End of story. Acceptance is just a synonym for complacency.

No, I'm getting sick of it. The only people complaining how awful and self-righteous the fat-acceptance movement is are skinny people who are upset that their single redeeming quality no longer matters.
Quote by c3powil
Being fat isn't healthy, but being unrealistically skinny isn't either. Can't they just make a regular sized barbie instead of the two extremes?

this
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by c3powil

If only life could make this much sense.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by c3powil

Wow yeah a doll of an ordinary, regular looking woman with nothing special or distinct about her. What fun!
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by archangels
So... you linked us to an article that's about a picture made by someone who is completely unassociated with Mattel. There's no announcement of an actual fat Barbie.

Just a picture.

Sounds like you're a bit more upset about it than anyone else.

No, I'm getting sick of it. The only people complaining how awful and self-righteous the fat-acceptance movement is are skinny people who are upset that their single redeeming quality no longer matters.

This.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by archangels

so true. they won the genetic lottery and now they're just angry at losing some privilege
Quote by Dreadnought
Wow yeah a doll of an ordinary, regular looking woman with nothing special or distinct about her. What fun!

It can be called Plain Jane™
Quote by archangels

Nuh uh, I'm more sick of it
My God, it's full of stars!
making one type of barbie that is overweight oh no they're taking over my childhood and ruining everthing
Quote by archangels

"it's okay to not be healthy"
yeah we should teach children that
you're a stone fox
How can they explain a fat barbie within the barbie universe though? Like she had depression and started binge eating then suddenly went back to anorexic?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
How can they explain a fat barbie within the barbie universe though? Like she had depression and started binge eating then suddenly went back to anorexic?

Barbie lore clearly shows a three to five year gap between two known models. It would easily support something like this. duh

There are some "fat" people who aren't that unhealthy. Some people are built bigger. The difference is that what we see is fat is actually obese.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Dec 29, 2013,
Quote by BladeSlinger
Barbie lore clearly shows a three to five year gap between two known models. It would easily support something like this. duh

Maybe they should do a geriatric barbie with a walker (not included) and really stiff joints so kids can learn to respect their elders.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Maybe they should do a geriatric barbie with a walker (not included) and really stiff joints so kids can learn to respect their elders.

Comes with refillable, randomly voiding bowels. Buy now and get a free Nurse Ken.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
Comes with refillable, randomly voiding bowels. Buy now and get a free Nurse Ken.

Colostomy bag is dishwasher safe!
Yeah, I don't think this is a good idea.

Maybe a normal, proportional, REALISTIC-LOOKING Barbie would be cool, but there's no need for an "overweight" barbie, or "plus-sized," or whatever you want to call it.

Hey, I'm a fat guy, so I know what it's like. I'm 5'7" and 250lbs.

But, I REALIZE it's unhealthy and unattractive to be overweight/obese. I see a lot of people down-play it (girls posting shit on Facebook like "curvy girls are beautiful, I don't wanna be a twig, real men like curves" etc.,) but really, it's unhealthy.

Some girls with extra weight look amazing (I like chubby girls myself - nothing ridiculous, but some extra fluff is awesome) but that's not to say it wouldn't be BENEFICIAL for them to lose it.

I wouldn't call fat people repulsive wastes of space, but there's no denying that it's not healthy.

I'm not even healthy, and I know that, but I just don't care. I like eating great-tasting food and living a highly sedentary lifestyle. My choice.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
This coddling, anti-personal responsibility, celebration of indulgent idiocy, "you're perfect just the way you are" shit is going to be the undoing of western civilization.
Last edited by Seref at Dec 29, 2013,
Why yes, I happen to think it's a great idea.

Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by Seref
This coddling, anti-personal responsibility, celebration of indulgent idiocy, "you're perfect just the way you are" shit is going to be the undoing of western civilization.

That's what everyone has said about everything ever.

I think it's simply counter-culture. We're moving away from a lot of the social views of the past 50 years so everything is swinging to the other extreme. It will probably even out over time.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Action figures for boys shouldn't have 6 packs and pecs and stuff either. let's get real, toys really R US. that sounded funnier in my head
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by dudetheman
Yeah, I don't think this is a good idea.

Maybe a normal, proportional, REALISTIC-LOOKING Barbie would be cool, but there's no need for an "overweight" barbie, or "plus-sized," or whatever you want to call it.

We talked about barbie dolls etc in english class last year for a little bit and apparently they have tried doing a normal, proportional barbie doll before but they discontinued it shortly after due to low sales.
I can't imagine a plus-sized barbie would sell much better, though.
Quote by Joshua1207
We talked about barbie dolls etc in english class last year for a little bit and apparently they have tried doing a normal, proportional barbie doll before but they discontinued it shortly after due to low sales.
I can't imagine a plus-sized barbie would sell much better, though.

Yea, it's cool thinking about how gender neutral or more accurate toys might change society and all that. To me at least, since that's an interest of mine.

But it really doesn't matter if no one buys the toys.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Yeah, when I was at my aunt's the other day and saw all the toys my young cousins were playing with, it's sorta overwhelming just how strictly categorised the boy/girl distinction is. But ohwell
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
When I was a kid I ripped the heads off my Barbie dolls and cut off their hands and feet.

Who buys Barbie dolls anyway? The same people who still buy Beanie Babies?