Hello all and festive greetings,

Today, the mastering has been completed for my son's first album. The plan is for him to sell CD's at gigs and while busking.
However, before I fork out more money for CD's and publishing I would really appreciate some constructive feedback on the album.
E.g. Are the tracks in the right order? Are the levels right?

The album is a solo instrumental. I would describe it as Solo Acoustic Guitar with attitude.

https://soundcloud.com/scottbooth/sets/nomad

Hope you can help

Thanks
Steve
I'm so confused, is your name steve booth or scott booth?

TELL ME

Also change your name to Nomad and make it a self-titled LP. Add a short weird sample or ambient track or otherwise nonsensical audio piece to push it over the half an hour mark, just for the sake of it. That's all I can add to make it seem a little more professional. Other than that is really sounds great, the recordings are tight and its mixed perfectly. Great balance of technicality and subtlety. If you really wanted to make the album more listenable in most settings, maybe feature some guest singers on some songs? But I can understand not wanting to, its your music and entirely yours right now.

Good luck.
Quote by CF_Mono
I'm so confused, is your name steve booth or scott booth?

TELL ME

Also change your name to Nomad and make it a self-titled LP. Add a short weird sample or ambient track or otherwise nonsensical audio piece to push it over the half an hour mark, just for the sake of it. That's all I can add to make it seem a little more professional. Other than that is really sounds great, the recordings are tight and its mixed perfectly. Great balance of technicality and subtlety. If you really wanted to make the album more listenable in most settings, maybe feature some guest singers on some songs? But I can understand not wanting to, its your music and entirely yours right now.

Good luck.

I'm Steve Booth, my son is Scott Booth. I am the driver, gopher, financier and adviser. My son is the talented guitarist.

Great feedback, thanks. I like the idea of a self-titled LP. The idea behind an instrumental LP was to avoid solo and band conflicts. We could definitely add another short song as you suggest. Thanks again, Steve
Quote by Steve Booth
I'm Steve Booth, my son is Scott Booth. I am the driver, gopher, financier and adviser. My son is the talented guitarist.

Great feedback, thanks. I like the idea of a self-titled LP. The idea behind an instrumental LP was to avoid solo and band conflicts. We could definitely add another short song as you suggest. Thanks again, Steve

Working with other people can definitely be a pain, especially getting everyone on the same page technically. But singers are usually very patient and when I do collaborate, those are the first people that come to mind.

Just my thoughts though, I really enjoyed listening to the music without it.