https://soundcloud.com/jaakkorauhamaa/dancefloor

Here's me and my friend's new epic psychedelic dance rock song (including epic rap part, headbanging breakdowns and some tripping) that's gonna get you groovin'.

Me and my friend recorded the guitars and vocals, I recorded the bass, trumpet and programmed the drums and piano. My brother played the sax solo.

Just get up and dance!

And as always, don't take it too seriously.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
hey thanks for the crit.....for your music....well i really like the way all the music sounds.the guitar tones are nice and the little programmed drum rolls are nice too very 80s. and the rap is pretty fun too. overall its a cool track the trumpet that comes in just sounds awesome. I think its really cool that you've got so much changes within 7 minutes. overall its got a fun, funky, not take yourself too seriously kinda vibe. The only thing I would say you could do change to make it better is maybe the vocals. other wise cool track.
Starting off I really enjoyed the rhythm of the intro guitar, followed by the bass line which complimented it really well. The progression throughout the intro and also the entire song was really well done. I never felt as if the individual instrumental parts repeated the same thing more than 2 bars, which to me is quite progressive. The tom fill at 1:16 was also quite epic . The song had a nice vibe to it throughout and I enjoyed listening the varying tones of the guitar, vocal effects, piano, and the trumpet. For critiquing the individual parts themselves, the vocals were nice but I feel a bit more practice would have made the diction better. The guitar solo was well done, as well as the trumpet solo in the end, they definitely added to the vibe of the song. Good job
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, we are not that great at vocals yet. We just started doing songs with vocals (and didn't really bother recording them 100% accurately).
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
MaggaraMarine,
Thank you for the review! Now your tune: intro sounds nice: guitar & bass. I would have never guessed you or the singers are from Finland, it sounds like an American accent to me, and I'm American. Vocals are pretty good. Interesting keyboards/synths. Sometimes the electric guitar is a little loud, but otherwise I like the guitar. Parts of this sounds 70's, which is fine by me. Overall, it sounds good! Real sax is rare on this forum, it sounds fine. Fun song. Audio quality is pretty good.
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Jan 5, 2014,
Quote by aaron aardvark
MaggaraMarine,
Thank you for the review! Now your tune: intro sounds nice: guitar & bass. I would have never guessed you or the singers are from Finland, it sounds like an American accent to me, and I'm American. Vocals are pretty good. Interesting keyboards/synths. Sometimes the electric guitar is a little loud, but otherwise I like the guitar. Parts of this sounds 70's, which is fine by me. Overall, it sounds good! Real sax is rare on this forum, it sounds fine. Fun song. Audio quality is pretty good.

Thanks. I have noticed that you can't really hear the accent when you sing. But if you heard me talk, you could tell I'm Finnish, or at least not American.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Thanks for the feedback on my track
I really like the progression in layering throughout the song
I thought the guitar tones could have been better (like the guitar strums, they just sounded a bit tinny to my ears)
Vocals were pretty good, they worked well for the song but were a little wavering in terms of pitch at times
Overall though it is a very well put together piece, nice work
Quote by voodoochild23
The Pit is one of the most brutally honest places in the universe.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
I demand the nigga nyigguh nukka.