I have an ENGL Savage 120 Head and an ENGL 4 x 12 XXL PRO Cab. The cab says it is 1x8 Ohms mono and 2x16 ohms stereo. Does this mean that if I set the switch to stereo that I should plug both input jacks into both 8 ohm output jacks on the head because it is essentially hooking up two 16 ohm cabs in parallel?

Also what would be the benefit of hooking the head up in stereo as opposed to mono?
With one head and one cab, there is absolutely no need to plug it in stereo. The stereo option is there if you use two amps, or a rack set-up with stereo channel pre and power amps.

For your application, just use mono.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
With one head and one cab, there is absolutely no need to plug it in stereo. The stereo option is there if you use two amps, or a rack set-up with stereo channel pre and power amps.

For your application, just use mono.

Thanks for the reply, but am I correct in how I would actually hook it up if I did so in stereo?
Quote by necrosato
Thanks for the reply, but am I correct in how I would actually hook it up if I did so in stereo?

Yes you are, but 8ohm mono is just fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate