Page 1 of 6
open yours eyes sheeple
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
open yours eyes sheeple

Are you a Libertarian? If so, what do you think of the article?
I thought libertarianism was perfect until I remembered I live in reality.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I thought this was common knowledge about why unregulated markets are bullshit.
PM me for newts
Well, I believe that we should be responsible for the decisions we make and we know more about what we want than the government does
Libertarians are the "I'll listen to pretty much any kind of music" kids of politics.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I was unaware that the U.S. lacked any economic regulations. My whole worldview is crumbling. ;_;

/sarcasm
Quote by StewieSwan
I thought this was common knowledge about why unregulated markets are bullshit.

This. The market is great for some things and horrible for others.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by VelvetBananas
You're funny

Puns are always funny when they point out the obvious truth.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
its happening
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
At the risk of sounding like a bit of a douche, isn't this the sort of thing that, well, most other countries realized decades ago?
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Quote by seanlang01
I was unaware that the U.S. lacked any economic regulations. My whole worldview is crumbling. ;_;

/sarcasm

Well California has the EWRA and many other states have bans on the production/distribution of products containing mercury, lead, and high concentration of PBDE. And to add to that there is a 'soft' regulation due to the EU's ROHS directive. Sure we can make things but god damn it we can't sell them anywhere unless they comply.

So it's not completely unregulated.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by IgnoreThis
At the risk of sounding like a bit of a douche, isn't this the sort of thing that, well, most other countries realized decades ago?

You are fine! Thank you for responding above a fourth-grade level... I am saying that if things like Asbestos are poisonous and should obviously not be used, who is to say what other things should not be used or even outlawed?
Quote by VelvetBananas
You are fine! Thank you for responding above a fourth-grade level... I am saying that if things like Asbestos are poisonous and should obviously not be used, who is to say what other things should not be used or even outlawed?

The government
PM me for newts
I can't take the article seriously due to its comparing the 'regulated European way' and the 'unregulated American way'.
Quote by VelvetBananas
The government isn't evil, just unnecessary government

Like the kind that regulates the products you're able to buy, or the materials used to build things you need to be able to use on a day to day basis?

What exactly constitutes unnecessary government involvement?

Quote by slipknot5678
I can't take the article seriously due to its comparing the 'regulated European way' and the 'unregulated American way'.

This. The fact that this guy fails to mention all of the regulations the 'unregulated' American way has is hilarious.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at Dec 29, 2013,
Quote by VelvetBananas
The government isn't evil, just unnecessary government

The x isn't y, it's just unnecessary x?
Is that even a coherent statement?

Unless you mean to say any government at all is unnecessary, or rather, that no government is necessary, your statement doesn't make any damn sense.
Quote by modus operandi
The x isn't y, it's just unnecessary x?
Is that even a coherent statement?

Unless you mean to say any government at all is unnecessary, or rather, that no government is necessary, your statement doesn't make any damn sense.

The government should be here to protect us from invaders, criminals, and to provide us with a currency, that is almost it
Quote by VelvetBananas
The government should be here to protect us from invaders, criminals, and to provide us with a currency, that is almost it

Explain how you came to this conclusion. I'm genuinely interested.
PM me for newts
Quote by Victory2134
Like the kind that regulates the products you're able to buy, or the materials used to build things you need to be able to use on a day to day basis?

What exactly constitutes unnecessary government involvement?

This. The fact that this guy fails to mention all of the regulations the 'unregulated' American way has is hilarious.

-Any law that prohibits you from doing something that does not harm anybody else is unnecessary government involvement in my opinion

-I agree with you I am very conservative but read liberal things just for kicks (I tear them apart in my head as I read them)
Quote by VelvetBananas

So you're saying government regulation of hazardous substances isn't ideal?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by StewieSwan
Explain how you came to this conclusion. I'm genuinely interested.

Anything else we should be able to achieve by ourselves
Quote by Victory2134

Free market will naturally do that itself.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Dec 29, 2013,
Quote by VelvetBananas
Anything else we should be able to achieve by ourselves

Woah 2deep4me

Quote by VelvetBananas
I am very conservative but read liberal things just for kicks (I tear them apart in my head as I read them)

Certified badass
PM me for newts
Quote by slipknot5678
Free market will naturally do that itself.

Wow, you're actually right, eventually all the people who like the asbestos line of underpants from sean john will die. Thus leaving sean out of a job.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134

The choice to use those things in your building is ideal... Just because I don't approve of using those things (along with the other 99% of people) should not mean that the 1% that chooses to use these things should be banned from them
Quote by theogonia777
Libertarians are the "I'll listen to pretty much any kind of music" kids of politics.

except country and rap

Quote by VelvetBananas
The choice to use those things in your building is ideal... Just because I don't approve of using those things (along with the other 99% of people) should not mean that the 1% that chooses to use these things should be banned from them

no but the fact that they fucking kill a shitload of people does
Quote by VelvetBananas

Would that not inadvertently harm others though? IIRC preventing harm to another person is the government's responsibility by your guidelines.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Wow, you're actually right, eventually all the people who like the asbestos line of underpants from sean john will die. Thus leaving sean out of a job.

Didn't they teach you the Coase Theorem in school? You must have went to some shitty public school or something.

Really though, that one percent comment (from VelvetBananas) is interesting because he is basically defending the right of the 'one percent' to neglect everyone else. How ideal. In other words: "99% of the population and I don't support murder but that doesn't mean murderers shouldn't do it."
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Dec 29, 2013,