Just remembered this story and decided I'd share with you guys.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago my roommate and I wen't to a concert. Texas in July (who actually came and slept/showered/hung out at my place beforehand), Volumes, Ghost Inside, and The Devil Wears Prada were playing in ATL. Not a mega huge fan of any of these bands, but my bro here loves them and I enjoy concerts and the genre so I decided I'd go.

We got there early and were probably fist 3 percent of people let in so naturally we landed front row spots. We were situated about three meters to the right of center stage. We had been waiting for maybe 45 minutes and it was getting pretty crowded when I noticed something... Somehow, for some unknown reason, a mentally ******ed guy in a wheelchair had pushed past the crowd and landed a spot directly behind us. WTF. Now normally, this wouldn't affect me apart for the fact that he was swinging his head around like a freaking nun-chuck (before music was being played) and his wheelchair made it impossible to move around. Everyone around the area was visibly nervous because he was being unpredictable, and no one wants to accidentally hurt a disabled kid by dancing around in close proximity to his wheelchair.

As the opening band played, it was hard to really get into the music or relax, and we eventually ended up moving more toward the middle of the crowd and giving up our front row seats.

I just have so many questions. This guy was obviously not here on his own. Who in their right mind would bring a mentally disabled person to a event like this, much less shove them into the middle of the crowd? He was sitting in a wheelchair and everyone else was standing so he wouldn't have even been able to see the stage!

Once, during the opening act, a guy was crowd surfing and fell into him because there was such a large gap where he was because of the wheelchair. The bouncer got all mad, but there was really nothing the guy could have done. I just don't think it was safe or responsible. Seriously, if you're going to use a mentally ******ed guy to get to the front of the crowd, you got a lot of nerve.

Edit: Retard Retard Retard Retard Retard Retard Retard Retard

Censor that!
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Dec 29, 2013,
Those bands play pretty accessible music.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by c3powil
Edit: ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******

Censor that!

I censored it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ehbacon
you should've have said at the end "what are your weird concert experiences?" or something of that matter.

Nobody asked you to share about the time that Billie Joe winked at you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by ehbacon
you should've have said at the end "what are your weird concert experiences?" or something of that matter.

I do that in almost every thread.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ME AND MY EXPERIENCE ONLY

BOW DOWN MORTALS

hes a people too
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
tbh that music is awful but I could see that concert being really fun
you're a stone fox
Quote by theogonia777
Nobody asked you to share about the time that Billie Joe winked at you.

he never winked at me, no real famous musicians ever have. I've gone to about 7 shows so I don't have many experiences let alone weird ones.

Edit:
Quote by me
no real famous musicians ever have.

did I say that correctly? I feel like I didn't but I have no idea how it should be said.
Last edited by ehbacon at Dec 29, 2013,
captainsnazz, I understand your point, but it's like getting on a plane and having to sit next to a mentally *ahem* dissabled person for 4 hours while he is flailing around wildly the whole time.

Yea, he's a person and deserves equal treatment, but tell me that wouldn't get on your nerves.
I went to a Van Halen concert once where the opening act was Cool and The Gang. It was painful. They kept saying "are you ready to rock?" and "let's dance". There were approximately 3 people dancing in the building. I felt so bad for them because I can't imagine playing for a whole arena that hates your band. That would be awful.
Once I was watching a local cover band (so, not really a concert) and there was this old couple there in their mid to late sixties. All night long the wife was giving him lap dances and shaking her "ass" around. I say "ass" because I have never seen an ass as flat as hers. She was like Skeletor. Anyway, as they got progressively more wasted, the dancing got way nastier. Culminating in the husband flat on his back on the dance floor with the wife full on - crotch to mouth - face sitting. It was nasty.

Naturally if she'd been hot I wouldn't have minded.

I don't want to see old people simulating the nasty.
Once you look old, you should stop having sex unless you're sealed away from the rest of the world in a special "Geriatric Sex Chamber" so as to prevent young attractive people from seeing or hearing any of that.
Last edited by Duaneclapdrix at Dec 29, 2013,
Quote by Duaneclapdrix
Once I was watching a local cover band (so, not really a concert) and there was this old couple there in their mid to late sixties. All night long the wife was giving him lap dances and shaking her "ass" around. I say "ass" because I have never seen an ass as flat as hers..

The girl's name? Miley Cyrus
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Moral of the story. If you like Devil wears prada, you're probably ******ed.
also, you cant say ******ed, you ******.
FORZA CATANIA
How the hell did he get there? In Finland we have a different spot for wheelchairs and they can't get in to the standing area. And you have to pass like 3-4 security guards on the way to the front row, every single one yelling at you not to run.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
I bet the baby wasn't even that cute.

Oh, and baconm'n, I'd totally buy Van Halen tickets just to see Kool and the Gang.

But seriously, add KC and the Sunshine Band and that's a dream bill right thar.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Dec 30, 2013,
Quote by ehbacon
I went to a Van Halen concert once where the opening act was Cool and The Gang. It was painful. They kept saying "are you ready to rock?" and "let's dance". There were approximately 3 people dancing in the building. I felt so bad for them because I can't imagine playing for a whole arena that hates your band. That would be awful.

I would have much rather seen Kool and The Gang than Van Halen.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I fell worse for the guy in the wheelchair having to put up with a bunch of asshole 2 leggers.
Quote by captainsnazz
wow
many tolerance
such patience
ts so good person
yeh

For the love of God, somebody ban him please.

EDIT: I'll do this myself to get it out of the way.

Last edited by Thrill-house at Dec 30, 2013,
Quote by Thrill-house

Snazz is the only one who does the doge thing well though.
Quote by Malchius
Snazz is the only one who does the doge thing well though.

Yeah, but it's one of those things where even if it's done well, it's still fucking stupid.
Quote by cliff_em_all
I would have much rather seen Kool and The Gang than Van Halen.

Saw Van Halen with Kool and The Gang in Vancouver; I love VH but KatG definitely put on the better show.
Quote by Thrill-house

EDIT: I'll do this myself to get it out of the way.

Thank you for quoting it so it appears twice in the thread.
Quote by captainsnazz
wow
many tolerance
such patience
ts so good person
yeh

Pretty accurate.
Quote by Thrill-house
Yeah, but it's one of those things where even if it's done well, it's still fucking stupid.

Such opinion
Wow
I went to see Rammstein and a mosh pit pushed me into a short bald bearded man. He grabbed me by the neck and threw me on the ground.

EDIT: Maybe we should all tell gig stories in the doge format
Last edited by Nickpocalypse at Dec 30, 2013,