Hey guys,

This is not a thread about relationships or understanding women in that sense. As the title says, I have a problem literally understanding what they are saying... in Spanish. I've been studying and practicing for a while now and I would like to think that I have an intermediate level of Spanish. I can hold a conversation rather well. Has anyone who speaks more than one language had a similar problem? I can understand when men speak without many problems, but I generally have a difficult time understanding females. They can understand everything I say. Perhaps it is because they speak faster. I have no idea. Is this common?
Have you tried taking your penis out of their mouth?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger

I tried that briefly, but it didn't really help.
For a second I thought we had another Philip on our hands. Good work.

Have you tried telling them to slow down?
"waaahh ugh i cant pick up hot babez guys ugh what the hell is wrong with them its all there fault" -every male UG user

edit: mfw i only read the title, not the post. sorry dude
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Dec 29, 2013,
oh wow this thread is much better than it sounds

that's kinda interesting and i have no idea
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by VillainousLatin
Spanish... from where?

Where are they from?

Yeah if most women you are speaking to TS are from a different area of Spanish speaking areas than youre used to speaking to then it may sound different. Like my Spanish teacher was from Columbia so she used different words sometimes.

But I've never had that problem and yes some Spanish speaking people can speak pretty fast.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by VillainousLatin
Spanish... from where?

Where are they from?

Honestly, it doesn't make a difference. I have more problems understanding women regardless of where they are from. For example, I can more or less understand a male Mexican Spanish speaker or Iberian Spanish speaker. It isn't like I don't understand them at all, but I struggle much more. That, and everyone from Andalusia. I'm convinced they are speaking a different language all together. That has more to do with an unfamiliar accent though.
Last edited by zackk at Dec 30, 2013,
Quote by zackk
Honestly, it doesn't make a difference. I have more problems understanding women regardless of where they are from. For example, I can more or less understand a male Mexican Spanish speaker or Iberian Spanish speaker. It isn't like I don't understand them at all, but I struggle much more. That, and everyone from Andalusia. I'm convinced they are speaking a different language all together. That has more to do with an unfamiliar accent though.

Well, then. I wouldn't know why you can't understand them. When I speak quickly I tend to slur some words or mix two words into one just to speak faster. Maybe they are doing the same? idk,maybe the high pitch sound?

This kinda happens to me with English but with everyone. English in TV shows and movies I understand perfectly, but when people speak English in person sometimes I don't understand even though I know enough English to do so.
Carry a recorder with editing capabilities with you at all times. record when these ladies talk and then play it backwards, this is a problem in many Spanish-speaking communities.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
Quote by VillainousLatin
This kinda happens to me with English but with everyone. English in TV shows and movies I understand perfectly, but when people speak English in person sometimes I don't understand even though I know enough English to do so.

Professional actors. The're paid to speak fluently and intelligibly.
Nice thread btw, TS
Quote by VillainousLatin
Well, then. I wouldn't know why you can't understand them. When I speak quickly I tend to slur some words or mix two words into one just to speak faster. Maybe they are doing the same? idk,maybe the high pitch sound?

Maybe it's the higher pitch, or maybe they speak faster than men in general. I thought it was at least interesting.
It has to be the higher pitch. I had to learn Spanish, I didn't grow up with it, and every now and then I have a harder time understanding women, both verbally and philosophically.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by zackk
Maybe it's the higher pitch, or maybe they speak faster than men in general. I thought it was at least interesting.

it is interesting, I may need to pay more attention to see if it's true that women tend to speak faster than men... I haven't noticed it and that's why I asked where they were from. Maybe it's a cultural thing or something.
Quote by BladeSlinger

BOOM!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA