My bands vocalist brought and old powered mixer to practice today and didn't like it. I plugged it into my speaker cab and pedals and I really like it. is it okay to do this? the ohms and what nots match up. the cab is an 8ohm crate and the mixer is an old mosfet kustom and the outs are 8 ohms on it
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
It's perfectly fine in terms of safety. You really thought it sounded good though? Better than whatever your guitar amp?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
i'd say i like the 2 evenly, with a preference to my real amp due to familiarity. I'm not big on gear, i know models and brands and so forth, but as long as something to sound right to me, i'll go with it.
:
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
so, you just plugged the end of your signal chain straight to an input of the mixer? well, since you used your guitar cab, it's like playing through a normal guitar amp. there's an input stage with a preamp, then there are various tone controls (eq) and then there's the power stage. the only difference is that a normal guitar amp will usually color your sound on a certain degree, while the mixer has to keep everything as is, so the sound might seem a bit tinny.
Last edited by low-profile at Dec 30, 2013,
basically. i dig it. truth be told, i've never really liked guitar amps much. i prefer the flatter sound. it has an effects loop that i can run my sonic maximizer through. sounds pretty big
:
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>