Poll: Smoke/how many per day?
Poll Options
View poll results: Smoke/how many per day?
Do not smoke
98 53%
Rarely/occasionally
32 17%
1-5 a day
17 9%
5-15 a day
28 15%
pack a day
7 4%
more than a pack a day
2 1%
Voters: 184.
Page 1 of 2
Couldn't find a thread about this and I'm interested... Who here smokes cigarettes/cigars?

I'm thinking about quitting.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
I guarantee you there is already a thread about this.

And on a side note my father was up to 3 packs a day for a bit. He was contractor and he smoked while he worked, but he's cut back to a pack a day now.
I dunno, I searched around quickly and didn't see one.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

Quote by That Old Geezer
I guarantee you there is already a thread about this.

And on a side note my father was up to 3 packs a day for a bit. He was contractor and he smoked while he worked, but he's cut back to a pack a day now.

Was he smoking five at a time?

And yeah, there are many smoking threads filled with vitriol.
lol 5 to 15 packs a day really ? that's not possible die of nic overdose
Quote by ssob

5-15 cigarettes a day

Quote by MakinLattes
Was he smoking five at a time?

He just chain smokes the whole time. I worked for 3 days with him on a job once and it's just constant smoking, even has a certain pouch in his tool belt for putting the butts.
Last edited by That Old Geezer at Dec 30, 2013,
Quote by ssob

Can you read? If you could, you'd notice that nobody specified "5 to 15 packs".
Quote by MakinLattes

Okay, I believe you. I was still generally bored and interested.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

Smoke a pack in about two and a half days. Marlboro smooths.

I'm going to attempt quitting after I finish this pack.
Quote by UntilISleep
Smoke a pack in about two and a half days. Marlboro smooths.

I'm going to attempt quitting after I finish this pack.

shouldn't be to difficult , its those 3 packs a day people who
will never quit
I don't smoke at all. 3 people in my family have died from it so that's enough to make me never do it.
Quote by Thrill-house
I don't smoke at all. 3 people in my family have died from it so that's enough to make me never do it.

yea, pretty unappealing when you know enough people who can't even breathe anymore
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I smoke a pack per day on average, sometimes a lot less.

I know it's bad, but it's good. I'm an addict.

My great grandmother smoked two packs a day - and died of old age.

My mother smokes two packs a day - and is in pretty good health, cancer screenings reveal nothing.

My uncle has smoked 1-2 packs a day since he was fifteen - no health issues either.

ON THE OTHER HAND:

My grandmother never smoked, drank, gambled, or missed church on Sundays, and she died of cancer at 58.

I mean, shit, guys. Sure, it increases your risks, but hell.

You only get one life.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Never even tempted. Nothing against people who enjoy it, your body and your life, but I've watched it destroy my uncle, so I have no interest. It also doesn't help that the smoke fucks my sinuses.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
oh man, little did I know that "no cancer" = good health

learn something new everyday
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by snappedstrings6
Couldn't find a thread about this and I'm interested... Who here smokes cigarettes/cigars?

I'm thinking about quitting.

There is a thread on quitting and one for enjoying it.

you didn't look hard enough

if you're thinking about quitting, you don't want to quit hard enough. take it from someone who has one in his hand who was thinking about quitting earlier
ayy lmao
my parents smoke. they told me not to because it was killing them and they couldn't manage to stop. that was scary enough. did my own research later and having had the privilege of knowing the facts before starting, i decided that cigs are whack. the good news is that my father has cut his usage in about half and noticed a good amount of positive effects and my mother is close behind. i can see them getting 'clean' within the next five years.

i believe smoking should be approached as a public health problems. we should do as much as possible to inform kids honestly about the dangers of smoking and provide services for those who do smoke and wish to quit. i also think that the extreme taxes on cigarettes are total bullshit, but i realize that there's too much money at stake for any government official to come out against them.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by chookiecookie
There is a thread on quitting and one for enjoying it.

you didn't look hard enough

if you're thinking about quitting, you don't want to quit hard enough. take it from someone who has one in his hand who was thinking about quitting earlier

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I didn't look very hard, but eh.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

I never saw the appeal to be honest.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by genghisgandhi
I agree with your sentiment but that's ******ed logic

I'll smoke when I've been drinking. only if someone offers it to me though

yolo you sissy
Quote by genghisgandhi
I agree with your sentiment but that's ******ed logic

I'll smoke when I've been drinking. only if someone offers it to me though

this used to be me until maybe a month ago? I don't smoke super often but I don't need to drink to do it, though it is mainly a social thing
cat
Left 4 Dead?
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Yeah I've been "thinking" about quitting for a year now. Just quit. Don't consider it, don't weigh the plus and the negative, just stop buying cigarettes. I make it sound simple but it's not. I donno how long you've been smoking but if you're still not at that point where you blatantly see the ways its affecting your health and can't do it, you should be in a hurry to quit.

tl;dr quit.
I bought an ecig because I love smoking but don't love all the health effects that come with it. My 'brand' is Camel filters. Malboro Red if I there are no Camels.

That said, I still smoke socially, but the ecig is 99% of my daily nicotine delivery.
We hung out after her mcdonalds shift once
And afterwards I smelled like smoke
And it was soooooo cooooooooool
But she was also like 3 years older than (me being a freshman at the time), so that may have affected the coolness of it all

tl;dc girls who smoke are hawt
¯\_()_/¯
Also, it's impossible to get cancer from smoking, you can only get it from those patronizing non-smokers whose arrogance masks their boring, privileged suburban lives. Generally they are people who never bothered to take care of their health until recently and feel the need to shove their minuscule, irrelevant accomplishments in others' face. My friend's sister's friend's aunt died from arrogant non-smokers, trust me.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Yeah I've been "thinking" about quitting for a year now. Just quit. Don't consider it, don't weigh the plus and the negative, just stop buying cigarettes. I make it sound simple but it's not. I donno how long you've been smoking but if you're still not at that point where you blatantly see the ways its affecting your health and can't do it, you should be in a hurry to quit.

tl;dr quit.

Bout six months, I've taken breaks two or three times ranging from 1-2 weeks without any real trouble such as would be expected from nicotine.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

Quote by CaptainCanti
I knew a chick who smoked once
She was hawt

If she smokes, she pokes.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
hey guys, did you know that smoking's bad for you? i never knew
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

for me, smoking is a way to deal

I can survive on none, but 3-5 a day is optimal

i've gone up to a pack a day though if i'm supremely stressed. I don't really want to quit though. Sure, it's bad for me, but everyone needs something. I'm not going to spend my entire life depriving myself the simpler things.
ayy lmao
Had a bit for a bad chest for the holiday period so only had about 2-3 in a week

Woke up this morning and had one

Thinking of quitting at the end of the week.

Will see how it goes....
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by snipelfritz
If she smokes, she pokes.

If she smokes, I'll let her poke.
¯\_()_/¯
i have smoked for the past 6 years. recently, i slowed down a lot. im at 2 a week at the most. sometimes i have one every couple weeks. i feel a lot better physically, im not so tired, and by slowly easing off it over the past 6 months, it has been quite easy.

the trick is not to think about how long it has been since you last had one.
i like to give myself the "one more day" excuse. i think "ok, if i can get through today without one, i will have one tomorrow." then i tell myself the same thing the next day.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
These days I'm on about 15 a day, I think. Was way worse in college, though. More like one and a half pack a day, since we had a smoke every chance we could ..

Anyway, now I roll my cigarettes. Much cheaper, unless you roll them ridiculously large.
Page 1 of 2