Hello pit ,

I was wondering who here actually changed careers just because they are shit at it and found something else they can do better.

I'm at a similar cross road and well I don't know if I'll give my career choice(IT) another chance.
Last edited by gothblade at Dec 30, 2013,
Never had a career. Just a job

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Yup. My career path has led to me migrating from civil engineering to software engineering.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
OP you're a s/w engg right? Why not try and get into a better firm which values its engineers? Google, Microsoft, Amazon etc. They are all far better than back office IT and pay very well too.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

The solution is simple and obvious.

We revolt against ourselves. Mass suicide. The ultimate revolution.
Yeah. I was studying IT, but it depressed me so I made a radical decision and started studying law instead.

Best decision of my life.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
I went from being an Earth sciences major to an Economics master, currently enrolled in an MPhil/PhD program there. It's nice. The scientific community in earth sciences is too much governed by monetary funds that are only given to subjects that the government likes, which means you have absolutely no free will in what research you want to do.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I'm still in college so I don't know anything about having a career or changing it. However, I imagine it must be an excitin concept, but also stressful, because you are moving away from the secure job you already have. GIve us more details about why you want to make a change. And more details about your current career and the career you want to change to.

In any case, I would recommend talking it over with a friend or your parents or whoever it is that has your best interests at heart. It's always good to get someone else's opinion. Then you can make a decision having carefully considered the prospect from different angles.
Worked in and was getting an education in the healthcare field, then switched to business management. More fun, oddly enough, less rules.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by gothblade
Hello pit ,

I was wondering who here actually changed careers just because they are shit at it and found something else they can do better.

I'm at a similar cross road and well I don't know if I'll give my career choice(IT) another chance.

I'm in IT and it's probably the easiest carreer ever. why would u try something else.
There's only so much that can break on a server xD

If you are a software engineer... I don't blame you. Stop staring at codes and do something with ur life.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Dec 30, 2013,
I graduated from college and went from retail to being a Chemist. Does that count as a career change?
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
i was a high school chemistry teacher, but my cancer left me desperate for money so I've taken up meth cooking
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
I'm in IT and it's probably the easiest carreer ever. why would u try something else.
There's only so much that can break on a server xD

If you are a software engineer... I don't blame you. Stop staring at codes and do something with ur life.

Being a software engineer is hard on my brain(probably because I think too much of it).

I agree on the server maintenance bit but man I just feel like I could be doing better with my time than wasting away in some basement server rack room with no one to talk to :P.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for all the advice here. Still haven't decided yet but hopefully on this new year I'll be able to think of something
Last edited by gothblade at Dec 31, 2013,