Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience using one of these on the ipad with amplitube, because I was given one for christmas and just can't get the damn thing to work!

The app seems to be getting a signal from my guitar because I can use the inbuilt tuner, and it is also able to output metronome beeps to the speaker, so is able to output sound.

But it just will not output any sound from the guitar whatsoever, so before I send it back to amazon, am I missing something obvious that you are supposed to switch on?
I can't be certain with Amplitube (and I'm too lazy to check right now) but IIRC there's a 'monitor' setting that has to be 'on'.

Also, this may be pertinent.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6848

"If you have updated to iOS 7, please be aware of some new changes that can affect your ability to hear audio output from our apps (and others). Below, the AmpliTube app is used as an example.

When the app first launches on iOS 7, it will ask you "AmpliTube Would Like to Access the Microphone". Selecting 'OK' will allow you to work as usual.

If you select 'Don't Allow', you will not be able to hear any audio when playing through your iRig, iRig HD, iRig PRO, etc..

If 'Don't Allow' is selected and you hear no output, please see either of the following suggestions to correct this:

1. Open your Settings app and tap on Privacy > Microphone. You will see various audio apps listed, tap the slider to the right of the app and tap it so it appears green in color. This will allow access to the microphone and audio will be heard again.

2. This option involves settings enabling restrictions, which some users may not want to do. If you do not wish to enable restrictions on your device, please see option 1 above to resolve the problem. Open your Settings app and tap on General > Restrictions > tap 'Enable Restrictions' > Microphone > tap 'Allow Changes'.

You will see various audio apps listed, tap the slider to the right of the app and tap it so it appears green in color. This will allow access to the microphone and audio will be heard again."
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
^^ to add to that.

Check if the button on the side is switched the right way (notification/mute button)

For headphones it neglects this button, but for built in ipad speaker it does mute the sound.

This only applies on a certain setting I believe in the ipad settings.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Hi, the app is set to have access to the microphone and can output audio with the metronome and drum looper utility, it just doesn't output sound from the guitar for some reason? Despite clearly receiving input from the guitar when using the tuner or checking the input levels utility.

A bit frustrating really that it doesn't just work as soon as you plug it in