Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good clean sounding amp, and I want to pay about 300 - 400 max.
I'm only using it in the bedroom for practicing so I don't require a ridiculous ammount of volume, however I want a rich full sound and as clean as possible. I play mostly rock/blues type of music, a lot of David Gilmour/Pink Floyd to give an indication of what I like.

I was looking into a Vox AC15VR, but I would love to hear from others.
I'm pretty much in the dark about amps so.

Greetings
Last edited by NickD89 at Dec 30, 2013,
300 to 400 £ / € / $ / ¥ / apples?

Where do you live? What is the closest music store you have acces to?

I'm assuming you want a combo, not only a head. For that price range (I'm assuming it'S USD) I'd also recommend solid state amps. Do you bother wheter used or new?

If new, I'd recommend the Fender Mustang II.

For playing in your bedroom only, you won't need more than 40W. Addtionally, the Mustang has a headphones and USB output.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
fender pro junior?

why do you want it to be clean? are you going to use pedals? if you're mainly using distortion personally i'd get an amp which is aimed at that style of distortion, but it's your money and your call.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dragonfyre137
300 to 400 £ / € / $ / ¥ / apples?

Where do you live? What is the closest music store you have acces to?

I'm assuming you want a combo, not only a head. For that price range (I'm assuming it'S USD) I'd also recommend solid state amps. Do you bother wheter used or new?

If new, I'd recommend the Fender Mustang II.

For playing in your bedroom only, you won't need more than 40W. Addtionally, the Mustang has a headphones and USB output.

I'm from the Netherlands so that would be euro's, I don't care if it's new or used.
I think a combo would be most ideal for my situation and I'm open for either tube or solid state.
Quote by Dave_Mc
fender pro junior?

why do you want it to be clean? are you going to use pedals? if you're mainly using distortion personally i'd get an amp which is aimed at that style of distortion, but it's your money and your call.

Bare with me it's pretty hard to describe exactly what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for a amp that is capable of delivering great clean tone without breaking up too fast. For overdrive and etc I'm using pedals.
no worries

i'm guessing a pro junior would work for that if it has enough headroom. that's kind of your problem, the headroom more so than the volume.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd look for a used Fender Blues Junior. Should be found without much hassle in The Netherlands.
I wouldn't go for tubes in this price range. It's very difficult to find a cheap and good tube amp. Also, if you plan on playing clean and distorted, i'd say amp distortion > distortion pedal.

Even this might be a little out of your price range, I'd recommend the Fender Mustang IV
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
Not sure how available they are in the Netherlands but I am a fan of a Peavey Classic 30.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
Not sure how available they are in the Netherlands but I am a fan of a Peavey Classic 30.

You can buy it here, but it's above TS' budget.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF

Quote by metalmingee
The used market in The Netherlands is pretty solid. It has a lot to offer at decent prices compared to pricing for new gear. 350-400 should get you a decent tube amplifier à la Vox AC15 or Blues Junior for sure.