I love the tones I can get out of Amplitube but they lack the power and tube warmth of a REAL amp. I brought this up to some Guitar Center employees, and they said they run their signal through Amplitube, out of the audio interface, into a reamp box, and then straight into the front of the guitar amp. I've looked around and haven't ever heard of anything like this being done before. I have a Peavey Valveking 112, so it's not the best tube amp out there, but if I could get the tones from Amplitube to come out of that speaker, it'd be pretty damn sweet. Basically, it'd be a like using a super awesome multi-effects processor. Has anyone else ever done this before? Do I have the right idea? Is a reamp box the only thing I need to buy? Do I need to de-activate the cab modeler in Amplitube to do this? Any help at all is appreciated.
Ohh brother, what an idea you got there...

If your problem is the "lack of power and tube warmth of a real amp", then you don't want your signal to pass through amplitube, unless you're using it just for the FX.
While you may do that to get a decent FX processor, together with a Reamp JRC/ProRMP, it may be a bit of a hassle, and it's not really certain that you would find a good tone that way.

If you wanted to do that you could do that indeed.
You'd need a reamp box and an audio interface, and you would need to turn off both the cab modeler and the amp modeler - ya keep just the FX.

You could try running some amp models into the clean channel but again, I'd say that wouldn't give you the sound you're after at all.

If you really feel like you could use a more REAL feeling, my advice would be either buying some good analog pedals, or buying a good amp simulator - es. Softube's.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Sorry I made this thread months ago and never really came back to it, but I recently went to guitar center and talked to a guy about this. He said all I have to do is turn off the cab modeler in amplitube, then run the signal out of the audio interface, through a reamper box, and into the "effects return" slot on the front of my amp. He said this basically bypasses the pre-amp on the valveking, allowing amplitube to be my pre-amp. This way, I get the tones of a really nice expensive pre-amp (modeled of course) coming through an actual tube amp speaker. The guy at guitar center is one of those audio gurus who works in the section with all the audio processing gear. He said he did this himself and got really good tone from it. He recommended I get this: http://www.zzounds.com/item--RADPRORMP
Quote by Sample246
Sorry I made this thread months ago and never really came back to it, but I recently went to guitar center and talked to a guy about this. He said all I have to do is turn off the cab modeler in amplitube, then run the signal out of the audio interface, through a reamper box, and into the "effects return" slot on the front of my amp. He said this basically bypasses the pre-amp on the valveking, allowing amplitube to be my pre-amp. This way, I get the tones of a really nice expensive pre-amp (modeled of course) coming through an actual tube amp speaker. The guy at guitar center is one of those audio gurus who works in the section with all the audio processing gear. He said he did this himself and got really good tone from it. He recommended I get this: http://www.zzounds.com/item--RADPRORMP

As long as your audio interface has a balanced out, that will work fine.

There's nothing wrong with your concept, and it's been done (and continues to be done) in various flavors by musicians worldwide, but only you can decide if you like what you end up with.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
You don't even need the reamping box if you wanna run the thing into the fx return, you would need that if you had to run it through the amp's input.

And don't ****in' trust "The guy at guitar center is one of those audio gurus who works in the section with all the audio processing gear. He said he did this himself and got really good tone from it." this kinda people.
They're:
1. working in retail
2. most likely, guitarists

They are 2 of the categories you most likely don't want advice from.

Also, again, if you want a better sound, you better dump amplitube in favor of some softube amp room or bx_rockrack or LePou stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Mar 20, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2

Also, again, if you want a better sound, you better dump amplitube in favor of some softube amp room or bx_rockrack or LePou stuff.

Subjective much?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
About as subjective as comparing an HT-5 to a 5150 III in this case.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Impulse responses are representations of how a sound changes passing through a signal chain, and in this case are used to simulate the sound of cabinets with guitar speakers.

Amplitube already have cabinets simulation, and it's problem doesn't really lie in them.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
True but most people like to bypass and use IRs for cabinet simulation because they think it sounds better, not that there aren't bad ones on Amplitube. Why not give it a try though? You can do it for free.