Hey all
Im in the market for a 2nd delay but Im not sure what I should get.

I want to play the styles of Hammock, This Will Destroy You, Explosions in the sky and Sigur Ros. Really minimal, emotional and dark music.

My current rig goes:

Fender MIM Tele> Fulltone OCD > Ernie Ball VP Jr.>Tuner out> Boss DD-5 with tap tempo> Line 6 Verbzilla>Fender Blues Jr

I want to set my dd5 to the "slow delay" and run the 2nd delay in front of the dd5 as the "fast delay"
My budget is below $150

Thanks!
For my post-rockisms I like to use an analogue delay for short repeats going into a digital one for the long repeats. Maybe an Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy, MXR Carbon Copy or something along those lines? If that doesn't float your boat, I used to have a Boss DD-3 set to short repeats and on the verge of self-oscillation that I kicked in for more wall-of-sound moments...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
The Danelectro Fab Echo modded to be a delay sounds really nice to my ears. It's really cheap and works well as a sort of analog delay. It does wonders to your tone.
Malekko 616, one of the memory boys, used tc flashback they are all solid choices, its really a matter of preference.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
stretch the budget and get a TC flashback.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
You can't go wrong with TC's Flashback. Most reliable digital delay I've used, and the most versatile. Don't go for the X4 model, though. Those preset options seem great, but will you ever need that many preset delays?
Quote by LeadFred
You can't go wrong with TC's Flashback. Most reliable digital delay I've used, and the most versatile. Don't go for the X4 model, though. Those preset options seem great, but will you ever need that many preset delays?

Depends on who you are and how you use it, I guess. I use mine extensively, having 3 presets and an expression pedal to get 2 sounds out of 1 preset. I couldn't play our setlist without it, unless I got 3 or 4 separate delay pedals; which would cost more than the X4 probably.

That aside, the Flashback is nice. If you're going for a specific sound or mode, you probably can get better, but if you like the flexibility, it's almost a no-brainer in my opinion.

I had an EHX Deluxe Memory Boy until I sold it last month, and that's a good option also. It offers better controls for modulation in the delay than the Flashback and has an FX loop, which could come in handy. Worked really nicely when feeding it into another delay also.

Another thing to consider, maybe, is the Line 6 M5. I have no experience with it, but it has a lot of delays built in, costs less than most decent delays and you can have a use for it if you don't need it as a delay.