Teacher always complains about my downpicking, because I "pick like a sissy." He told me to "pick like a man" (I am ironically not male).

I'm so frustrated, no matter how hard I try to downpick he always calls it "mushy" or "weak".

Here's a sample : https://soundcloud.com/reliquorum/kitty/s-dA2RL

Downpicking takes up at least half of my practice schedule. My speed and endurance increases but I have this limit on how much force I can apply to each stroke. Thus, I don't really know how I'm supposed to practice this.

:C
The amount of force required for the string to vibrate properly is very small. Also the picking on the sample sounds fine. The timing however isn't perfect and you should rather focus on that. Your teacher probably isn't a very good teacher. lol.

(btw, tune your guitar)
Last edited by Elintasokas at Dec 31, 2013,
Quote by Elintasokas
The amount of force required for the string to vibrate properly is very small. Also the picking on the sample sounds fine. The timing however isn't perfect and you should rather focus on that. Your teacher probably isn't a very good teacher. lol.

(btw, tune your guitar)

hahahahha and that's the way it was.
Quote by Elintasokas

(btw, tune your guitar)

I third this.
Quote by Elintasokas

(btw, tune your guitar)

hit the nail on the head here