So I'm planning on putting some fresh pots in my Iceman, and I had a cool idea. I've always wanted to put a kill switch in that guitar, but it has a master volume and a master tone. So my question is is there a way I can re-setup my wiring to where I have a volume for one pickup, and then a volume for the other and bypass the tone control all together (I never touch it anyways) so I can have the kill-switch using my pickup selector? Any help would be greatly appreciated. And if it helps at all, I am pretty comfortable with soldering, put I'm just going to put the Duncan liberator pots in there to save time.
"Go roll around in your sic."- Corey Taylor

Firm hater of the Les Paul. Fan of the Iceman.

You just can't have enough guitars. It is impossible for that to happen.
Sure, lots of people do this. You can convert the tone pot into a volume pot. I can male a diagram of you need it but the front page of the wiring thread (see my sig) should have all the info you need if you are good at putting things together, so to speak.
Seems like jim has you covered. But ive done something similar, I took one of the tone pots in my strat and made it a master tone. Though instead of using the second tone as a new volume I used the hole to add a killswitch. You could do this too. Remove the tone pot all togeather and add a killswitch to where the old pot was.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Seems like jim has you covered. But ive done something similar, I took one of the tone pots in my strat and made it a master tone. Though instead of using the second tone as a new volume I used the hole to add a killswitch. You could do this too. Remove the tone pot all togeather and add a killswitch to where the old pot was.

+1 this is what I did on a old dean z ( explorer) works great.