I am looking to buy more strings and wanted to hear some personal preferences of others. I have only used Ernie Ball and I'm looking to see if there's something else I may like..
I play a multitude of different music so something versatile would be nice.

Thanks,
K
Get the strings that work for you.

Find out what strings work for you by trying a bunch of different kinds.

None of our experiences will correlate or relate to you. How strings react with your skin composition is a completely random variable.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Personally, i like D'Addario.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by Offworld92
Get the strings that work for you.

Find out what strings work for you by trying a bunch of different kinds.

None of our experiences will correlate or relate to you. How strings react with your skin composition is a completely random variable.

best advice that can be given. I ike d'addarrio, the next will say dean markley etc. try em and see what works best not very expensive so no reason not to.
More just to get a sense of what I want to try. Some of the reasons you prefer the strings you use.
I use D'Addarios because they feel good, sound good and never rust or decay.

Those things are correlated to my location, my skin, and my setup. It's not objective in any way. That's what I'm trying to say. I list the reasons why I use what I use, but you cannot apply my experience to yourself.

Now, you may have the same experience. You may not. It's a total crapshoot.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Ive used ernie balls for years. Recently tried D'addario. I like them a whole lot more. I also use a set of GHS eric johnson nickle rockers. the medium ones i think. theyre so loud and bright and badass.
(signature removed, please choose another)
D'addario - Electric guitar
Elexir - Acoustic

They are well made and sound good. Altought you might prefer some other strings sonically. I like to change from time to time to Martin strings on acoustic.
Quote by player o slayer
Ive used ernie balls for years. Recently tried D'addario. I like them a whole lot more. I also use a set of GHS eric johnson nickle rockers. the medium ones i think. theyre so loud and bright and badass.

Just picked up a set of EB and D'Addario for comparison. I've only seen GHS Boomers or something like that, where did you get those?
D'addario seem to always be consistent to me. I got given some EB super slinkies, very close in feel but to me the D'As a re better feeling
Above mentioned are all solid choices, personally I'd suggest just picking up a new type every-time you need to restring.

Ernie-ball cobalt also feel vastly different than their super slinky line-up so you should try them out if you can. They also last a good deal longer I find.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
earnie ball regular slinkies is what i use last long and sound good....d addarios rust to quick for me, but i like them on my acoustics. tried GHS didnt like them at all. tried elixiers they started to frey under the frets to quickly. sound good tho and didnt rust.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
I personally tried DR DDT's lately for my drop tuned guitars. Love 'em. Gonna stick with them for a while.

Using 12/60's on my baritone. Thinking of going 13/72 Ernie Ball baritone strings, but I gotta have the nut gauged for it. 70's barely fit in the nut. Surprisingly still plays alright. A little overing from the nut when palm muting. Gonna get it setup for it soon.

Used to use blue steels for a long time, Dean Markley. They were my favorite for awhile.
Wish DR made a baritone string. Hmm maybe they just dont have them at the local store. Gonna look