So guys, I just got quite the deal on cl for a peavey classic 30 for 150 bucks us. It sounds amazing like all classic 30s ive tried, but the speaker, normally a blue marvel had the sticker pulled off of it. It sounds clearer than a blue marvel with a bit more snap. Anyways to tell what it is?
Taking a picture of the back might help so we can see the magnet and basket. Even that would be hard to tell. There's no labeling whatsoever? Could you get in contact with the guy who sold it to you?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
^ yeah if he bought it used the previous person might have changed it. or maybe just took the sticker off.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
should be a speaker code stamped on the basket, it'll at least get you the manufacturer.

looks like the stock speaker is generally a 12" blue marvel 1238 though, and those seem to be made by eminence

http://www.peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/801/118120/Classic%26reg%3B%26nbsp%3B30%26nbsp%3B112
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jan 1, 2014,