Poll: Party size
Poll Options
View poll results: Party size
I prefer small get-togethers of a few close friends (3-5 people)
41 35%
I like small groups of friends and acquaintances (5-15 people)
55 47%
I prefer moderate sized groups (15-30 people)
14 12%
I like huge parties (30+ people)
6 5%
Voters: 116.
Page 1 of 2
So I just got home from a New Year's party and it started off with just a few friends, but quickly turned into a big house party with a ton of people and the most bland, generic music imaginable. This got me thinking about the right amount of people for a party/gathering.

Personally, I really prefer to have a party/gathering of ~5-15 people. You can have meaningful conversations and get to know each person pretty well if they aren't already friends or closer acquaintances. I absolutely loathe parties with like 50-100 people. It's just the worst experience ever.

What about you guys?
Check out my band Disturbed
I usually prefer kickbacks. It's a rad time just enjoying the company of your buds. Proper parties get too loud for me.

Quote by bradulator
just 1

Partying by yourself is fun because you get to play my favorite drinking game: crippling alcoholism.
Mostly I prefer 3-5, there are occasions though when 5-15 is better. Yesterday, for instance on new year's eve, the evening got much better when we (3 of us) met another 5 of our friends.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Depends, I love big parties in general. But for things like NYE I prefer smaller ones, last night there were 12 of us I think, and it was great.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
With a smaller party less shit will go down
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I like all of them but I prefer bigger parties. In most instances the more the merrier because you can try and meet as many people as you can and you can also get to know a few people really well and you can also just hang out with people you already know whereas if it's only 15 people you're stuck with them forever. People naturally tend to split off into smaller groups anyway.

Also if there's less than 7 people I wouldn't really consider it a party. Of course it also depends on the venue: someone's kitchen, big house, park, bar, club?
cat
Quote by StewieSwan
So I just got home from a New Year's party and it started off with just a few friends, but quickly turned into a big house party with a ton of people and the most bland, generic music imaginable. This got me thinking about the right amount of people for a party/gathering.

Personally, I really prefer to have a party/gathering of ~5-15 people. You can have meaningful conversations and get to know each person pretty well if they aren't already friends or closer acquaintances. I absolutely loathe parties with like 50-100 people. It's just the worst experience ever.

What about you guys?

Why do you hate big partys?
Quote by StewieSwan
but quickly turned into a big house party with a ton of people and the most bland, generic music imaginable.

get a ****ing grip mate
I've found that I have the most fun with about 8-10 friends at a party.

Anything much bigger than 15 people and I'd rather just go out to the bar/club.
5-10 is what I would prefer. However, I wouldn't call hanging out with 5 or so people a party, to me a party means a lot of people.
Just a couple people is fine with me. Maybe up to around 7 or 8
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Went to a house party yesterday w/ about 20-30 people and everyone brought beer/booze/food and that was great. So yeah, I guess that's about the right size.

Quote by guitarxo
People naturally tend to split off into smaller groups anyway.

That's true as well, so I'd say it also depends on the location.
"Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit." - George Carlin
Quote by Thrill-house
5-10 is what I would prefer. However, I wouldn't call hanging out with 5 or so people a party, to me a party means a lot of people.

yea, just hanging out is much more fun
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Small groups 10 and below is pretty good.
Easy clean up nothing gets stolen/broken and it's usually just close friends.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I want to drown in a sea of hot naked women

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
A big party if I know a lot of people there. There's kind of a weird point when a party's too big but too small. Like when there's eight through twelve people there and people kind of group off and it's too small so it's kind of weird.

The ideal dinner number is four (you plus three others)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
A big party if I know a lot of people there. There's kind of a weird point when a party's too big but too small. Like when there's eight through twelve people there and people kind of group off and it's too small so it's kind of weird.

The ideal dinner number is four (you plus three others)

I was going to say something similar originally. Like, for a small gathering, usually after 8 or 9 people get there you end up not knowing some people, or groups of them are better friends with each other or something, and you get the formation of groups.

Then it's not as fun. That happened a lot my freshman year here, but now the max "party" size is like 5 or 6. I much prefer that.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last night was spent at a NYE party of 6 people (or a gathering, if 6 doesnt seem like a party to you), it was good because that amount was small enough for us all to stay in the same group and have fun the entire time, instead of breaking off into smaller groups.
Spent last night at a house party with 20 friends who are all really close and it was the best New Year's I've ever had. Any smaller and it's not really a party
Usually I'm a fan of parties with many different people to meet and talk to. But recently I've been really uncomfortable around large groups, I get really tense or find it hard to concentrate on what's going on or what's being said (espeically with a lot of background noise).

Dunno why I've started to be like this, It's ****ing rubbish!

So to answer the question, I prefer quite a decent number of people (not too much) but lately I've only been able to enjoy myself with a few mates bumming about round someones house.
15-30 generally. I can appreciate either end of the size spectrum though.

"I like large parties. They're so intimate. At small parties there isn't any privacy."
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by willT08
get a ****ing grip mate

Bland music lover detected (but everyone already knows that)

Quote by Drapte
Why do you hate big partys?

Cuz I don't like being around strangers who I have nothing in common with. I'd much rather talk about relevant things and shared interests than bullshit smalltalk with a bunch of people I'm never gonna see again.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jan 1, 2014,
Bonfires with 3 or 4 people are the best.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
It depends on the occasion but somewhere between 5 and 10 is the ideal. Having nothing to do with a club is much more important though.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by StewieSwan

Cuz I don't like being around strangers who I have nothing in common with. I'd much rather talk about relevant things and shared interests than bullshit smalltalk with a bunch of people I'm never gonna see again.

How do you expect to meet strangers who happened to have a lot in common with you and end up being new close friends/partners?
Notice how it's the NERDS who don't like big parties.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
How do you expect to meet strangers who happened to have a lot in common with you and end up being new close friends/partners?

I have friends. Don't need anymore

Quote by lolmnt
Notice how it's the NERDS who don't like big parties.

why must you hurt me lolmnt ;___________;
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 1, 2014,
I like groups of 10+ for meeting new people, but I get uncomfortable if I'm not already well acquainted with 3 or 4 of them. My NYE gathering thing was only 6 people though, and I had a great time.
Quote by WCPhils
I have friends. Don't need anymore

why must you hurt me lolmnt ;___________;

It's for your own good
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by StewieSwan
Bland music lover detected (but everyone already knows that)
Can you really not possibly enjoy yourself if the choice of music is not quite to your taste at a party? Well clearly because you've actually mentioned as a main reason you didn't enjoy a night

We brought in the New Year with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxkRuJz0yrw

It got very sexual
Page 1 of 2