Hey guys, this is my first time posting here.

I have a 2011 Gibson SG that was a gift from my cousin. I've been sitting on it for a few months deciding what I would like to do with it, and I think that I've decided that I would rather sell it and buy a lefty SG rather than try and lefty flip this one. So, I need some help trying to identify this guitar so that I can get it sold.

Anyways, it is a 2011 model, and I know that it isn't a Special. I'm not very knowledgeable in terms of Gibson guitars, so I guess what I'm needing to know is whether it is a Standard or a Custom. I looked at some pictures of 2011 Gibson SG Standards and they seem to all have a smaller pickguard than what I have. Not sure what that means, or whether or not the Standards do come with the full pickguard that I have. It also has the stock Grover tuners. My cousin did some customization, and I'm pretty sure that the pickups are not stock. I'm not sure whether or not the bridge or saddle are stock.

The serial number is 104110409, and the back of the headstock reads: "Made in the USA 2011". I'm guessing the photos should display below.

Thank you for any help!

James
Attachments:
guitar1.jpg
guitar2.jpg
guitar3.jpg
guitar4.jpg
guitar5.jpg
Contact Gibson customer service with the serial number and they’ll tell you what it is.
Quote by Delboyuk_01
Could you post some close up pictures of the fret board/frets and the markers?

Here you go:
Attachments:
guitar9.jpg
Quote by jpnyc
Contact Gibson customer service with the serial number and they’ll tell you what it is.

I called their 800 number and followed the menu path for guitar identification, only to arrive at a message informing me that Gibson is not able to identify guitars over the phone. Is there another way?
I'm not an expert on Gibson either, but just by looking at it tells me is one of these:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/SG-Standard-24.aspx

24 frets, mini bucker on neck, groovers, has everything...

but that's IMO, I could be wrong xD
ESP LTD MH-100QM STB with Suhr SSV-N & SSH-B
Phil Pro MS-20
Vox V845 Classic Wah
Fender Mustang IV V.2
Fender Mustang I
Quote by ADOLF1612
I'm not an expert on Gibson either, but just by looking at it tells me is one of these:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/SG-Standard-24.aspx

24 frets, mini bucker on neck, groovers, has everything...

but that's IMO, I could be wrong xD

I think you nailed it, dude!

It even has the blank plastic cover on the headstock, which seems to not be blank on most of the SGs I've looked at. I hadn't even noticed that the guitar had 24 frets, I mostly prefer to play rhythm. I'm assuming they typically have 22 frets like my old Les Paul. It also looks like the pickups are stock, after all.

Well, what do you guys think? Should I sell it or is it worth holding on to? Is it sought after? Is it worth lefty-flipping?
Last edited by jrich7720 at Jan 1, 2014,
I would sell it on and get a left-handed guitar of your choice, if you actually want an extra guitar. Flipping a guitar upside down was done because they had no other choice, not because it was "cool" or in any way more comfortable.
Quote by jrich7720
Hey guys, this is my first time posting here.

... I think that I've decided that I would rather sell it and buy a lefty SG rather than try and lefty flip this one.

James

Welcome to UG, James!

What are you looking for in a lefty?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Welcome to UG, James!

What are you looking for in a lefty?

Thank you! This is a great forum.

As for my guitar, I'll probably be looking to pick up a lefty SG.