Anyone know why hair metal became popular all of a sudden and then died out?

Page 1 of 3
Because i remember it used to be all over tv,radio and such. But all of a sudden, the music died out.
yeah and now everything is just bleeps and bloops and shit bring back real music grim reaper 4ever
PM me for newts
Quote by Axelfox
Many of those bands though got a lot of chicks

chicks dig things that are really gay
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Guns n Roses and grunge movement killed it pretty quickly. I'm a product of the 90s so I can't really say for sure, but I think people just lost focus on what rock n roll should be. Also, it lasted a good generation, so it didn't die out any quicker than the typical decade trends of music. It definitely isn't looked back on as positively as the 70s rock or 90s for that matter
Last edited by Jmoarguitar at Jan 1, 2014,
All of a sudden? Then died out? Both are pretty wrong statements about hair metal there chief.
It's because...

Quote by Havamal
Grunge died, disco died, likewise dubstep will die; one I know that never dies: the shitty retro bands that can't get over dead trends. Grow the fuck up and deal with it.

Wise words from the Old Norse.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Jan 1, 2014,
I was there when hair metal took off.
I spent a lot of weekends on the Sunset Strip in the early - mid 80's.
It just kind of evolved, with each band trying to outdo the other, as far as the makeup and attitude parts went.
And grunge didn't kill hair metal, hair metal killed itself.
Grunge did kind of push it over the cliff though.

Band members were getting blow jobs from some hot looking skank under the table while snorting lines of coke on top of the table. All out in the open in most clubs.
And yes, I have seen it.
Quote by ehbacon
I think we all know what needs to be done here:

Axel, you have to move to Sweden.

That solves one problem, now onto the next

Ehbacon you should quit
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
You can't kill the metal. The metal will live on.

Glam tried to kill the metal. It failed as it was smite to the ground...
Quote by LeadFred
You can't kill the metal. The metal will live on.

Glam tried to kill the metal. It failed as it was smite to the ground...

Like Dave Mustaine said... "I always thought GLAM stood for Gay L.A. Metal"
Quote by captainsnazz
it died out because it's fucking shite

it sold out more stadiums than bleep-bloop-bleep screech wub-wub screech could
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Glam rock was good glam metal was badz. Very badz. That's why it died.

Next!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I'm not a massive fan of "true" hair metal but I love Steel Panther. They have the look, the music and the attitude but its all for show but they also take it seriously at the same time. They're all very talented musicians with the singer being one of my favourites at the moment.

edit: Just remembered Whitesnake are glam rock so I also like them. Coverdale is a great live singer.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by captainsnazz
> stadiums

better than some stupid little hole-in-the-wall wub-club where the people are too busy getting high on lsd to notice that the music is just a bunch of toilet noises
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I still listen to hair metal music bands like metallica and slipknot and stuff, but i don't know anyone else that will listen to it.
Quote by theogonia777
better than some stupid little hole-in-the-wall wub-club where the people are too busy getting high on lsd to notice that the music is just a bunch of toilet noises

It really isn't though. I always prefer smaller venues than stadiums.
Quote by theogonia777

Ket, not LSD
Quote by wreckingball582
I still listen to hair metal music bands like metallica and slipknot and stuff, but i don't know anyone else that will listen to it.

plz be troll
Quote by willT08
Ket, not LSD

so you admit that it's all true otherwise

Quote by Megadethfan245
plz be troll

check the profile picture and decide for yourself
Quote by leony03
I'm not a massive fan of "true" hair metal but I love Steel Panther. They have the look, the music and the attitude but its all for show but they also take it seriously at the same time. They're all very talented musicians with the singer being one of my favourites at the moment.

edit: Just remembered Whitesnake are glam rock so I also like them. Coverdale is a great live singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg

Quote by wreckingball582

Not sure if being serious,or just trolling
Last edited by Axelfox at Jan 1, 2014,
Quote by wreckingball582

also wtf is this join date. First '14er I've seen.

This thread is now about the anticipation that is the '14 generation. How will they be? Proud? Idiotic? Funny? Annoying?
Quote by theogonia777
so you admit that it's all true otherwise

what you said sounded like a positively outstanding, and recognizable experience
Quote by Axelfox
Not sure if nigga is being serious,or just trolling

don't use the n word axel its offensive
Page 1 of 3