Hello all,

Ill spare all the boring details of my life and cut to the chase lol
Im looking to start an instrumental/ambient band in the near future as Ive been exploring my creativity in this style of music.
However I notice alot of people in the music industry especially (whatever genre) usually started in their early teens and/or have "made it" by age 21 or 22.
Ill be 27 this year and Im wondering if it's "too late" to get a successful project started?
Don't waste your time unless you're in it for your own enjoyment and nothing more. You're too old, gross, and out of touch with today's youth to get a foothold in the industry.
it's too laaaaaaaaaate

Timberland yo.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Weaponized
its never 2 late

Thats not what you told me on the steps of taco bell last week
I always tell this to people. Do what you enjoy first, then look for something more when you feel the time is right.

Gotta keep things in perspective and understand that the music industry is a very brutal place. Just enjoy the music you're creating and fate will follow.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
all you have to do is get enough fog machines to shroud your instruments and just turn on the radio and pretend it's you
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
the only thing that changes with age is your own ability to put up with stuff. if you're willing to put in effort, and you're actually any good, you can find a way to make it work.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Odds are indeed against you.
But if you enjoy music and want to understand it more through an instrument, you won't regret it.
Also Seasick Steve made it big when he was in his 60's
Last edited by Divinephyton at Jan 2, 2014,
Yea it's unlikely, but not impossible.

I think my band is playing some good music but I really doubt that we'd ever get anywhere.

All I want to do is record an albums worth of material, hope people like it and that's it. We'll send a few copies of our best songs out but it's not like we expect much. There are loads of amazing bands who never get anywhere and break up, while others barely survive even though they play show after show.

Luck is your best friend, you've either got it or you don't.
Quote by kangshifu
--

all this, because I am a ****ing idiot who quotes advertising spam, spreading their ****ing filth.
Sorry to digress, but Victoria's hair is actually shiny from doing Bukake films.

Which, incidentally TS, is something you should also be doing in the boardroom to win over record company executives.
well i wouldnt quit your day job, but its never to late to learn a new hobby. If you can make a bit of cash from it, bonus!
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
Dude, Seasick Steve was like 63 when he 'made it'.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Just do it because you like playing music and don't get hung up on 'making it.'

Seriously.

well, the idea is to start earning a living off of it.
Its been a hobby for like 7 or 8 years so far and I wanted to make something more out of.
27?! Hardly a pensioner. quite a few who don't get there until late 20s early 30s.
One of my best friends is a boxer and mentioned to his father that Tyson was winning pro fights at 17 and he was afraid 22 was too old to be going semi-pro. I've always liked his dad's response:

Do you like boxing or not? If you love it and want to do it, what the **** else matters?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

nobody on this site actually does music, I'm pretty sure.

and if we did, we'd be the wrong people to ask about this because we're all on the internet and clearly didn't make it.