three potential choices: Jackson Scott Ian ATL guitar, JP70, Ibanez Iceman IC500

Budget? - 450 dollars

Favorite Artists? - Anthrax chunky rhythm tone, but searing solo tone. think randy Rhoads

Preferences? - any body shape, preferably a fatter neck (odd preference for shredding i know), any brand. 24 frets

Pickups? - versatility. from sparkling cleans to Satanic distortion

New or Used? - used is fine

Location? - San Diego, city of

Current Gear? -
Peavey 6505 112 combo
Mustang III v2
Shecter S1
GTX 22 Applause

pedals:
MXR Prime distortion
Digitech whammy
Ibanez screaming demon wah
MXR 10 band eq
Used Schecter Blackjack C1. Particularly one with passive pickups.

In your potential choices you also had a JP70. Are you aware that guitar is a seven string?
[404]Signature not found
Why that particular guitar? And yeah I am aware that, it is 7 string. Always wanted to have oone. it'd be my first
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 2, 2014,
I would go for the JP70 in fact, I am planning to get one myself. It's an extremely versatile guitar, and a well-made one, too. Don't expect to get a good signature Jackson in that price range. Nor Ibanez.
Quote by Darth Crow
I would go for the JP70 in fact, I am planning to get one myself. It's an extremely versatile guitar, and a well-made one, too. Don't expect to get a good signature Jackson in that price range. Nor Ibanez.

I guess i should note these three guitars are on sale at my local shop for 450. they're priced higher regularly.

And my only main concern about the JP70 is the tremolo. it's not locking
Well I played the JP100, IIRC that doesn't have a locking tremolo either and it stayed in tune just fine If they have it a local shop, go try it out, see how it feels, try to play around with the tremolo... you'll see.