What's up guys?

Even though i've been playing for two and a half years now, i'm still a noob at this stuff.

I was looking at the chords for a song i want to learn since there was no suitable tab for it. The song is supposed to be distorted and one of the chords in it is a B7. What would be the powerchord variation of it?

Thanks
Schecter C-1+
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Seymour Duncan Invader
EHX Metal Muff
Blackstar ID Core 20
B5. Just B and F#; that's it.

Unless you wanted a three-string phrasing which included the D# and A? You could try these:
E|-----|
B|-----|
G|-2-2-|
D|-4-1-|
A|-2-2-|
E|-----|
The first is missing the D# (the major third) and the second is missing the F# (the fifth). The phrasing is really determined by how you're phrasing the rest of the chords...
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Quote by Dayn
B5. Just B and F#; that's it.

Unless you wanted a three-string phrasing which included the D# and A? You could try these:
E|-----|
B|-----|
G|-2-2-|
D|-4-1-|
A|-2-2-|
E|-----|
The first is missing the D# (the major third) and the second is missing the F# (the fifth). The phrasing is really determined by how you're phrasing the rest of the chords...

this, just replace the word "phrasing" in every iteration with the word "voicing".

i'm not trying to one-up anybody. phrasing and voicing are very different concepts, and if TS does a google search for phrasing instead of voicing he's going to find irrelevant information and risk further confusion.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Another pet peeve. There is no 'power chord variation.' I frequently see people in this forum think that any movable chord that isn't a barre chord is a power chord, and this is wrong. A power chord includes a root, and a fifth, and that is all.
Well it's kinda normal that people who don't know much theory just call any distorted 2-3 string combo for powerchord.
7-12/x27 (if you have long fingers) I guess you could call a "B7" with just root and 7th if you don't want the 5th or 3rd in there.
Other than that, what Dayn said x242 has the 5th with it and x212 the 3rd.
You can use the triad that omits the 3rd or the 5th depending on what you want to do. But i would always consider B7 to be a B dominant chord: 1, b3, 5, 7 or: B, D, F#, A#

|-------
|----7-
|----7-
|----8-
|-------
|----7-

Standard tuning. There are a load of other voicings. The other quick go to is:

|----
|-3-
|-3-
|-4-
|-2-
|----
Originally posted by mdc
Ok, I'll be honest, I just like his Oakleys.
Quote by Sir_Taffey
You can use the triad that omits the 3rd or the 5th depending on what you want to do. But i would always consider B7 to be a B dominant chord: 1, b3, 5, 7 or: B, D, F#, A#

|-------
|----7-
|----7-
|----8-
|-------
|----7-

Standard tuning. There are a load of other voicings. The other quick go to is:

|----
|-3-
|-3-
|-4-
|-2-
|----

That is a min/major seventh chord. A dominant seventh is 1, 3, 5 and b7.