Hello guys,

A friend of me is looking for a Music Man JP guitar and he found one.
This is a link to the ad.

I don't know which model it is. It could be a prototype, because it has no inlay and it doesn't look like it has the CrunchLab and LiquiFire combination as pickups. I am not too familiar with JP's.

Please help us identifying the guitar.

Thanks in forward!

Greetingz,

Tunder250
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Looks like a base model JP6 to me. The body-matching headstock paint, shield inlays, and piezo pickup are extra cost items, and not on all JP6's.

Before Crunch Lab/Liquifire combo, these had Air Norton / D Sonic, I believe.
Quote by runriot_z28
Looks like a base model JP6 to me. The body-matching headstock paint, shield inlays, and piezo pickup are extra cost items, and not on all JP6's.

Before Crunch Lab/Liquifire combo, these had Air Norton / D Sonic, I believe.

It doesn't have shield inlays on the 1st fret. I know about the extra costs of the Piezo.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Everything looks right. Nice bird's eye maple neck and all the logo's look right to me (comparing to pics on sweetwater). I believe the JP6 has been around awhile so it's possible it came prior to his sig. dimarzio's. Either that or the owner changed them out.
This was pretty much the most basic model you could get at that time of the JP series. No matching headstock, dot fret inlays and no Piëzo system. I believe the pickups were custom DiMarzio's only made for the JP's at that time, not to be sold separately.

Legit model, 100% sure.

Go ask the serial number, the guys at the Music Man forums could identify it's production year.