I have a Blackstar HT-5c. Its one of the older models with the 10" speaker. Its always sounded a little "boxy" and i'd like to try and give it a fuller sound by sticking a speaker cab with it.

My budget isnt huge. The ones im looking at are

Orange PPC-112 (which has Celestion V30s) Approx £220
or
Blackstar HTV-112 (which has Celestion 70/80s) Approx £180

I MIGHT be able to stratch to the Blackstar HTV-212. I was originally looking at the Orange PPC-212ob but i think thats a bit out of my budget.

Has anyone had any experience they would like to share on either or both of those cabs or, at very least, those particular speakers?

Im leaning slightly towards the Blackstar at this moment in time due to the lower price point. Its only for home use too.

Ta
Quote by LivinJoke84
I have a Blackstar HT-5c. Its one of the older models with the 10" speaker. Its always sounded a little "boxy" and i'd like to try and give it a fuller sound by sticking a speaker cab with it.

My budget isnt huge. The ones im looking at are

Orange PPC-112 (which has Celestion V30s) Approx £220
or
Blackstar HTV-112 (which has Celestion 70/80s) Approx £180

I MIGHT be able to stratch to the Blackstar HTV-212. I was originally looking at the Orange PPC-212ob but i think thats a bit out of my budget.

Has anyone had any experience they would like to share on either or both of those cabs or, at very least, those particular speakers?

Im leaning slightly towards the Blackstar at this moment in time due to the lower price point. Its only for home use too.

Ta

Harley Benton 212 Vintage:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Im aware of the Harley Benton cab. I know its got great speakers but surely the costs have been cut somewhere? I dont want something with great speakers but doesnt work in 3 months time.

Anyone own the Harley Benton care to comment?
The Harley Benton is a good cab. It is made of Plywood not MDF. Is it built as good as the Orange, no it is not. But it is not going to just fall apart either. The cost have been cut because it is made in China 100% the box and the Celestions. Plus Thomann is the biggest music chain in Europe so they buy containers full of these at a time that means much cheaper prices and can sell them to you at a cheap price.

The Blackstar HT cabs are not very good, the speakers suck and it is made of MDF not plywood
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by LivinJoke84
Im aware of the Harley Benton cab. I know its got great speakers but surely the costs have been cut somewhere? I dont want something with great speakers but doesnt work in 3 months time.

As long as you don't start using it as a canoe, It's not just going to stop working on you.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by LivinJoke84

They're built by Thomann, a huge music company, one of the biggest in Europe so they can afford to make it cheap. The quality of the tolex isn't great on the cabs apparently, it may wear away. But that in no way will affect the sound, I plan to get the Harley Benton 212 V30 cab at some point.
Quote by Robbgnarly
The Harley Benton is a good cab. It is made of Plywood not MDF. Is it built as good as the Orange, no it is not. But it is not going to just fall apart either. The cost have been cut because it is made in China 100% the box and the Celestions. Plus Thomann is the biggest music chain in Europe so they buy containers full of these at a time that means much cheaper prices and can sell them to you at a cheap price.

The Blackstar HT cabs are not very good, the speakers suck and it is made of MDF not plywood

All Celestion Vintage 30's are made in China, except those you find in Mesa Boogie cabs which are made in the USA, however they're a ridiculous amount of money. The V30's you'll find in Orange are the same in Harley Benton.
Hmm, my interest is piqued.

To be fair, it will be for home use so isnt going to be taking a kicking or anything. Will seriously consider than option C.

Quick question, possibly a stupid one. Will a 2 x 12 make my amp sound louder than it currently is with a 1 x 10?
Quote by LivinJoke84

All there is to a guitar speaker cabinet is wood, speakers and some relatively cheap wire.

Note that you pay a LOT for branding when it comes to speaker cabinets. It simply doesn't cost a lot of money for good plywood and carpentry, and if you open up the back of a lot of cabinets you'll find them identical inside, with identical speakers. But the prices will range by hundreds of dollars for no good reason other than this one is a Bogner and that one is a Lopoline or a Hardly Bent.
+1 on the HB G212vintage.

and yeah it'll likely up the volume a bit, v30s are loud.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by AJScott
All Celestion Vintage 30's are made in China, except those you find in Mesa Boogie cabs which are made in the USA, however they're a ridiculous amount of money. The V30's you'll find in Orange are the same in Harley Benton.

Yeah I know, I was letting TS know why it is so cheap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Could always get a zilla 2x12 cab empty and then load it up with what ever speakers you like! Would be cheap and good quality and customisable!
Kind of depends on your definition of "cheap". "Cheap for how good it is"- probably (never tried one but I've heard good things). But an unloaded zilla 2x12 is liable to cost more than the harley benton g212 vintage, and it's already loaded with v30s.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?