Hi, I'm just wondering what noise reduction pedal I should get. I have heard alot of good things about the ISP Decimator, but I live in Norway and they don't sell it anywhere over here. I play mostly metal, and I'm using a Peavey 6505+ 112 combo with a Celestion V30 and a Maxon OD808. And I'm gonna buy a delay pedal soon which I'll be using now and then. I have high output passive Seymour Duncans. Which noise reduction pedal suits my gear best? Hope this doesn't sound too stupid...
ISP is nice for sure. I use a MXR Smart Gate and have nothing bad to say at all.

look here www.thomann.de they should have the ISP and the MXR as well as others
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I am using BOSS NS-2, it's very good, you should be able to get it in your local music instruments store.
ISP is the way to go. I own one its so clear and cuts feedback and reduces hiss. Only complaint is that it Drains 9v batteries pretty quick. I'm not sure if its only my pedal but I reccomend that you get the power supply with it.
Marty Friedman+Jason Becker=Cacophony
I am using Boss NS-2 as well. Been using it for 6 years, never broken down.... I think it's indestructible.
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
Boss NS-2, all day. Can be run in front of the amp and in the loop at the same time, and actually gives you control over how you want the gate to function. No tonal effect. $50 used. (USD). IMO there's nothing else worth considering unless you're building a rack. And even then.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by emil_roh
Thank you! Sadly, they don't ship to Norway...

They ship world wide. There are guys here that live in Australia that order from them, India, Iceland, Greenland and they will even ship to the USA
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
OK, so I found out that thomann.de ships to Norway. Now, should I buy the ISP or the Boss? What are the main differences between the two?
Quote by emil_roh
OK, so I found out that thomann.de ships to Norway. Now, should I buy the ISP or the Boss? What are the main differences between the two?

From what I hear the ISP is a better pedal, however I own an NS2 and love it. The NS2 is a noise gate whereas the ISP is a noise reduction pedal, and there are slight differences in what exactly they do. The NS2 has two ins and outs which are great for gating both in front of the amp and in the FX loop. All this said though I have heard that the ISP does give a slightly clearer sound.
Quote by emil_roh

NS-2 does its job perfectly, if ISP is as good then just go for the one that costs less. Because i doubt that any of the people that are posting here compared the two and rumours are just rumours.
I like my ISP. Never tried the NS2.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Screw the boss dude! Get the ISP! I own both of them and the ISP is way better. The boss will cut your highs and sustain a lot.
Marty Friedman+Jason Becker=Cacophony
Quote by Random3
From what I hear the ISP is a better pedal, however I own an NS2 and love it. The NS2 is a noise gate whereas the ISP is a noise reduction pedal, and there are slight differences in what exactly they do. The NS2 has two ins and outs which are great for gating both in front of the amp and in the FX loop. All this said though I have heard that the ISP does give a slightly clearer sound.

ISP decimator G string has the same feature. Get the G string if you want to run it in the FX loop .

Get the Decimator because it is idiot proof. One knob.
And get a power supply if you don't have one because when the battery isn't full, it works really poorly. I don't know if it's the same with the NS2.
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
Quote by megaluisdeth
Screw the boss dude! Get the ISP! I own both of them and the ISP is way better. The boss will cut your highs and sustain a lot.

User error. I've owned and used multiple NS-2s with multiple amps. No effect on tone.

This crap gets posted so often that I have done rigorous tests. NS-2 in the chain and on, NS-2 in the chain and off, NS-2 not in the chain at all. There was no tonal difference whatsoever. I have no idea what you guys are doing to get these tone losses.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jan 4, 2014,
The ISP Decimator G String II, if you're going with a pedal. It's pretty much transparent, where some of the others are most definitely not.