So everybody on tumblr keeps posting moderately self-victimizing crap about the New Year (yeah I have a tumblr and enjoy it to a degree) and it's really annoying.

The biggest was: "Please be good, 2014" to which I troll-posted: Make it good you fools. Waiting for the annoying crap to roll in.

But anyways, how does the pit feel about time occurring? Do you just let stuff happen to you or do you go out and live?

Obviously I blog about it a bunch, but I try and have control over my life by, truthfully, being a dickhead when I need to be.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
>tumblr
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
"you win some and you lose some, but you live, you live to fight again"

m'kay?
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by frankv
Do you have any examples that are actually annoying? This post was a lot more annoying to read than reading "Please be good, 2014".

Well I find it annoying because it seems very much like people just let stuff happen to them.

Quote by ichiefC13
"you win some and you lose some, but you live, you live to fight again"

m'kay?

Thank you!
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

i wish i could be as cool as you, i'm so helpless and i take everything lying down
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I'm sick of shit threads. TS should work on not letting shit threads happen to him.
Quote by seanlang01
I'm sick of shit threads. TS should work on not letting shit threads happen to him.

I think letting boredom happen is higher on the list for me, that's how shitty threads begin (no denial here)
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

If people are sick of shit threads why dont they make better threads instead of shitting on the ones who make them out of boredom to pass the time?
ITT: TS thinks he has control over his life
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
ITT: TS thinks he has control over his life

No I simply believe that people should trust god to bring them to their salvation.

I'm kidding.

I was just considering that people should take more and higher risks for rewards and live more positively than they do.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

At this point just tell everyone to watch yes man
Well hell yeah I live to the edge!

This one time, I used the 10 items or less lane..........

And I actually had 11.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Cavalcade
Thanks to ichiefG13's admirably consistent shitposting, I just came up with a new resolution for 2014: use the Ignore feature more. So far, that means exactly one good thing has come out of this thread.

Glad the shitposts help primo
I thought tumblr was for early teeny bopper girls? At least that was what it was when it was popular at my high school.

Anyways, I don't particular care but when people act like they're superior or something because they're complaining about how people that make resolutions never keep them anyways it just screams pretentiousness.
who cares dude

aren't you the one that's kinda lame for letting this get to you?
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
And those people probably said the same thing about 2013, and 2012, and 2011, etc.
Sail upon the open skies
I get what you mean. It seems like some people on tumblr have a minor issue in their life, make up a label for it, and then start a movement about it. Then anything against that movement is called ___ shaming.

I recently heard from a friend about people being really into the idea of gender fluidity on tumblr and that basically your gender changes rapidly based on how you're feeling in a particular moment or something like that and that labeling people as men or women is oppressive to society.

That's pretty much why I stay away from tumblr.
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
aren't you the one that's kinda lame for letting this get to you?

It has occurred to me, but I figured I'd see if there was any shared and/or differing opinions in the pit...

Those final thoughts were correct.

Quote by The Spoon
I recently heard from a friend about people being really into the idea of gender fluidity on tumblr and that basically your gender changes rapidly based on how you're feeling in a particular moment or something like that and that labeling people as men or women is oppressive to society.

?uhhhm? This seems very strange to me.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

Complaining about tumblr users victimizing themselves, wallowing in self pity, and just being overall typical tumblr users is like complaining that the grass is green.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
I used to be annoyed by people constantly posting new year shit.

Then one of my facebook contacts posted something along the lines of "2013 was a great year, here's to 2014 being the next"

And one of the first comments was someone who compiled an image of the status poster's other statuses through the year complaining about how shitty life was.