So after a considerable downsize in my board I'm starting to get the pedal bug again. I picked up the OCD in November, but haven't managed to post about it yet, so here goes:

I tested this in a shop alongside the TS808. I was after a boost OD but had heard loads of good things about the OCD. The one I played in the shop I think had something wrong with it because the volume of the pedal when engaged was uncontrollably louder than when off. I didn't buy it in the shop but came across a sweet deal on eBay so took the plunge. I'm so glad I did. This thing sounds great! It's not what you'd call smooth, very crunchy and raw. The HP/LP switch and tone control gives you a really wide range of sounds. It'll do a really great marshall crunch, really nice british tones. At the moment I'm stacking it with the distortion channel on my HT5. The HT5 is set to a really mild level (sort of simulating power amp saturation in low volume environments), and the OCD stacks on top of it when I need a beefier crunch. The best thing about the OCD is that it really preserves your dynamics, cleans up well if you're gentle, and even when you're using a ton of OD the individual notes are clear. This is by far one of the best OD/DS pedals I've ever heard! And I haven't even tried it at 18v yet…

The Bad Monkey is sort of a tie-over pedal until I can afford a TS9/808. For the price it does the job very well. I've only got it recently so I haven't formed too much of an opinion about it yet. It seems to boost the distortion on the HT5 very well, gives a huge beefy sound. I haven't tried it for metal yet as my Drop C guitar is at my other house, but I'm looking forward to it! I think tonally it's not quite as transparent as it should be, even when disengaged the sound feels a little muddier than it used to be, but maybe that's just me!

I'll try and do some recorded samples in the uni studios soon. I've got a track I've used the OCD on that's nearly finished, so watch this space!

Full board shot:

EDIT Picture not very clear! That's a standard CryBaby and a Korg Pitchblack

Next on my list:
Reverb - Probably a HOF once I can afford it
Tremolo - one of my uni friends is making me one. very excited for this!
Volume pedal - churchy swells etc
Disgustingly fuzzy fuzz - probably something germanium, maybe a Devi Ever pedal!

Need to get saving...
Last edited by tim_mop at Jan 2, 2014,
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its a decent pedal, but the exact reason i DIDNT buy it is because its a bit too raw and intense. many people say its more a distortion than an overdrive. sweet non the less.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)