I was going to order a Primus album, so im trying to get the best bang for my buck. Which album should I buy? I was leaning towards "Sailing on the Sea of Cheese" and "Pork Soda".
Sailing the Seas of Cheese or Frizzle Fry, the first 4 are all really good, Green Naugahyde is also good
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
I'm a Pork Soda fan, but Seasof Cheese would probably be the winner in most internet polls

Antipop doesn't get that much love but it does feature some fantastic songs like Ballad of Bodacious. By that time however most of Claypool's sideprojects were at least at interesting as the Primus stuff

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why bother... Primus Sucks.
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
I like Pork Soda best.
Also, Tales From the Punchbowl was pretty good, though that one came out when I was a senior in High School, so I may be biased.
Miscellaneous Debris was a fun little EP too.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by manualex
Why bother... Primus Sucks.

This from the guy that lists Red Hot Chili Peppers and Queens of the Stoneage as his favorite bands.
Quote by Dnouw
This from the guy that lists Red Hot Chili Peppers and Queens of the Stoneage as his favorite bands.

It's a joke...

Pork Soda is my favourite Primus album.
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
I always preferred their live albums to their studio records. 'Suck on this' is fucking awesome.

Quote by Dnouw

Thats a Primus joke. "We're Primus, we suck" - said by Les Claypool at like every concert...its even on 'Suck on this.'
I discovered primus when I heard the song NIB(their cover of). Then i gave a shot to other songs but it didn't convince me. Nice thread, I think I'll listen to these suggestions.
Last edited by Craziork at Jan 2, 2014,
I love the Brown Album: really great production (I love the reverb on the drums), Brain's drumming is pretty cool, and the songs are pretty good too. My favourite songs off it are Bob's party lounge and Golden Boy.

Other than that, Sailling the sees of cheese had a good load of great tunes. But my problem is that I started listenning to Primus with the Best of, so it kind of spoiled the fun of discovering each album...

And yeah Pork soda is awesome.