Hi, I'm unable to do these techniques. How can I go about at doing these? Is it just practise?
It's practice, yes, and you must relax your hands enough to do the speedy techniques. If you cramp, you'll tire and slow down. Start slow at first then build up speed whilst relaxed. But what do you mean you can't do string bends? Do you miss the correct pitch when bending or what?
Bending is pretty easy - play the note you want to bend to (usually, you're going to be bending one or two semitones up; occasionally, you'll see three semitone bends, but they're much less common), then bend up until you hit the pitch you want. Hold it there, and then release. Bending is nothing more than finger strength and good pitch.

Tremolo picking is also really easy - pick fast. Obviously, you want to be relaxed and in control, but a tremolo is no more than playing a note that would be sustained as a rapid series of notes at the same pitch (usually 16th or 32nd notes) to create a sort of shimmering effect.

Sweeping is more challenging, but if you break it down into right and left hand technique, it's very doable. Freepower has some great videos on his youtube page about both. Just remember that sweeping is really an extension of muting technique more than anything else.
Quote by Geldin
Bending is pretty easy - play the note you want to bend to (usually, you're going to be bending one or two semitones up; occasionally, you'll see three semitone bends, but they're much less common), then bend up until you hit the pitch you want. Hold it there, and then release. Bending is nothing more than finger strength and good pitch.

Tremolo picking is also really easy - pick fast. Obviously, you want to be relaxed and in control, but a tremolo is no more than playing a note that would be sustained as a rapid series of notes at the same pitch (usually 16th or 32nd notes) to create a sort of shimmering effect.

Sweeping is more challenging, but if you break it down into right and left hand technique, it's very doable. Freepower has some great videos on his youtube page about both. Just remember that sweeping is really an extension of muting technique more than anything else.

I have pretty much every technique down apart from these three. I guess I'll practise tomorrow.

What do you think the hardest technique on the guitar is?
There's no such thing as a hard technique. Everything is easy at 20bpm, so I just practice until it's equally easy at whatever tempo I want. If I had to say for sure, pinch harmonics, especially once you start playing around with different harmonic nodes. Getting good vibrato can be difficult too, but that's something that develops with time.
Quote by jamesiles2004
I have pretty much every technique down apart from these three.

And your harmonics....
No single technique is very difficult. What's hard is actually using a wide range of techniques effectively. A lot of people can sweep pick, but how's their vibrato? I think a lot of players focus too much on the techniques that just get them from one note to the next, and fail to emphasize techniques that make those notes sound really musical.

While there are some specific techniques you need to be able to do, think of Technique in general as a way of playing rather than a set of things your hands do. Good technique should convey nuance, meaning and sensitivity regardless of which particular techniques you use.
Quote by cdgraves
No single technique is very difficult. What's hard is actually using a wide range of techniques effectively. A lot of people can sweep pick, but how's their vibrato? I think a lot of players focus too much on the techniques that just get them from one note to the next, and fail to emphasize techniques that make those notes sound really musical.

While there are some specific techniques you need to be able to do, think of Technique in general as a way of playing rather than a set of things your hands do. Good technique should convey nuance, meaning and sensitivity regardless of which particular techniques you use.

I totally agree.

There are plenty of people who can shred like nobody's business or hold out a note with sweet vibrato for ages, but whether or not they're doing anything musical with it is another question entirely. Hearing is as important as playing. Musicality is key.
Well if you can't bend you're obviously very new to the guitar and i think you should in particular hold off on sweep picking for now until you have a better foundation of the fundamental techniques.