hello all,
time for a new guitar soon and just wanted to see what you fine people thought.

Budget? - around $500 US

Favorite Artists? - Jack White, Black Keys, Red Hot Chili Peppers

Preferences? - this is will only be my second guitar so I'm still kinda trying to get a feel for what I like

Pickups? - been playing through single coils and I like them but also wouldn't mind trying out some humbuckers

New or Used? - preferably new

Location? - central Georgia. Closest city is Macon but I will more than likely order online anyway

Current Gear? -
cheap Strat copy
Orange Crush 35 LDX

pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I've been doing some looking around and the two that have caught my eye are a Fender MiM Strat and the Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH. Any scathing criticisms or high praise for either? Also still open to other suggestions.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 2, 2014,
I'm not really familiar with either of those kinds of guitar... is there any way I could get like the cliff notes on them? would they fit the sound I'm looking for? Any info would be greatly appreciated
Quote by gilpound
I'm not really familiar with either of those kinds of guitar... is there any way I could get like the cliff notes on them? would they fit the sound I'm looking for? Any info would be greatly appreciated

agiles will fit everything from metal to folk. They're cheap and again, made to be modded the hell out of.

you can easily find sound clips and reviews on youtube.
ayy lmao
Hss fender mim strat, also try out a tele too.
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!