Sell the iPad and give me £200
27 26%
Sell both
10 10%
Blowjob
51 49%
Voters: 104.
Page 1 of 2
I call upon the infinite wisdom of the pit.

Setup: My girlfriend owes me a lot of money. Let's just say it's nearly £3000. I am guaranteed to get this money as the gets student loans over the year which are all coming to me. We live together and have been a couple for almost 6 years so her running with the debt won't happen.

Anyway, for Christmas I bought her a Kindle Fire HD for £100. She just won an iPad Mini in a competition, which she can sell for £200. She has decided to sell the Kindle and keep the iPad, and pay me the £80 or however much she can sell it for. I am a bit pissed because I think as she has basically just been given £200, she should sell the iPad and give me £200, and keep the Kindle which was her present in the first place.

What do you think she should do? Poll inc.
anal only till you pay off the debt
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Have her sell the kindle and give you the money for it, then waive the debt for valentine's.

And buy her a god damn ring, 6 years is a long time dude.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Let me stop you there. This is between you two and if you're seriously coming here instead of talking to her then you guys have a problem.

If you're not serious then i'll await the responses
give them both to me
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Dont be afraid of telling your gf where she is wrong because im pretty sure she'll let you know right away if it was vice versa. There words of wisdom from someone who had a similar issue.
Whats goes around must come down
I'd break up with you, it's just like someone walked up to me and offered me 3000 pounds to not have to deal with you anymore.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jan 2, 2014,
What if I give you 200 but **** your girlfriend in front of you, would that satisfy your need for money?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Basti95
Let me stop you there. This is between you two and if you're seriously coming here instead of talking to her then you guys have a problem.

Oh this isn't hypothetical, but I'm not expecting any serious responses in the Pit, I just wanted to know what people thought and why.
I would honestly dump you.

Keeping track of how much money your other half 'owes' you? I never keep track and I'm probably out of pocket by quite a bit. Your supposed to be in a relationship and saying shit like "you owe me xxx amount of money" is pretty much what isn't supposed to happen, let alone if it's been nearly 6 years.
Your attitude is where problems start. If you're going to keep track of money like a Jew, don't 'borrow' it out in the first place.

And she should have sold the Ipad and given you £200? Good joke. It wouldn't surprise me if you're counting the money you spent on that kindle 'present in that 3k.

[edit]
Looking at the poll answers, if owing you 3k and a kindle is the only way you're going to get a blowjob, I would question what is happening in this 'relationship'.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Last edited by link no1 at Jan 2, 2014,
Become her pimp.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Daily blowjobs until the debt is payed off. Alternately she could do weekly anal.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
You should let her do what she wants with the Kindle, as it was a gift from you. If she wants to sell it and give you $80, then how do you lose? Is it because you think you're magically entitled to $200?

The Kindle and the $3,000 debt are seperate things. I think you see an opportunity to justify being entitled to the $200, and I think you're being a dick.

Overall, the answer is let her do what she wants with the Kindle and you're not entitled to anything. The $3,000 you are entitled to if she owes it to you, but it's a different matter than the tablet.

EDIT: link no1 is correct, basically about everything.

EDIT 2: About the $3,000, you'll learn that the only time you're guaranteed to get money is once it's already in your bank account.
Last edited by Nickpocalypse at Jan 2, 2014,
she shouldn't have to sell either of them stop trying to control her she'll pay you when she gets the money to.

Quote by Random3
I am a bit pissed because I think...
The fact that she owes you money doesn't give you a right to presume she should sell her possessions in order to pay you back. I'm assuming you have a repayment agreement from her student loan money.

But as you gave her a gift you have a right to be upset if she were to sell the Kindle.

She should keep both and if you are going to make her feel like she has to sell shit to pay you back then you shouldn't have lent her money in the first place and you certainly shouldn't be shitty when the thing she decides to sell is something you gave her.

If she has the money to pay you back she should but you need an agreement about how the money will be paid back.

As you lent her money your options are:
A)forgive the debt and never mention it again
B)Talk to her about the debt and make a clear affordable repayment plan that you are both happy with and put it in writing
C)take her to court if you feel she is dodging the debt or not repaying you what she agreed

Otherwise, let it go Scrooge McDuck, and let her enjoy her life without being constantly reminded that she is indebted to you anytime something good comes her way.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
The fact that she owes you money doesn't give you a right to presume she should sell her possessions in order to pay you back. I'm assuming you have a repayment agreement from her student loan money.

But as you gave her a gift you have a right to be upset if she were to sell the Kindle.

She should keep both and if you are going to make her feel like she has to sell shit to pay you back then you shouldn't have lent her money in the first place and you certainly shouldn't be shitty when the thing she decides to sell is something you gave her.

If she has the money to pay you back she should but you need an agreement about how the money will be paid back.

As you lent her money your options are:
A)forgive the debt and never mention it again
B)Talk to her about the debt and make a clear affordable repayment plan that you are both happy with and put it in writing
C)take her to court if you feel she is dodging the debt or not repaying you what she agreed

Otherwise, let it go Scrooge McDuck, and let her enjoy her life without being constantly reminded that she is indebted to you anytime something good comes her way.

Agree with everything except the bolded, sort of. He's got the right to be upset if she sells the gift but I wouldn't necessarily say she should keep them both, especially if she's never going to use one of them; I'd rather my girlfriend use the $80-$100 on something she enjoys rather than have a Kindle collecting dust.

EDIT: Random your prog metal album is freaking sweet.
She should keep both if she wants. I mean it sounds like you gave her the choice to sell one so of course she's gonna want to keep the better item.

But yeah she should pay you back when she's able to, not sell her stuff. Hope you sorted things out and personally I would keep the gift my boyfriend gave me.
STಠ_ಠ
Do you need the money right now?

If no then shut the fuck up and deal with it.

If yes then why the balls did you buy her a kindle?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by RylanThePotato
anal only till you pay off the debt

this
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Well the bit I can't get my head round is she said if she owed me £200 then she would sell the iPad and give me £200, so I don't get why owing me £3000 means any different

Quote by Nickpocoalypse
You should let her do what she wants with the Kindle, as it was a gift from you. If she wants to sell it and give you $80, then how do you lose? Is it because you think you're magically entitled to $200?

The Kindle and the $3,000 debt are seperate things. I think you see an opportunity to justify being entitled to the $200, and I think you're being a dick.

So if she won the lottery it would be unreasonable to expect her to pay me what she owes me? I am being a dick by expecting her to pay me back when she magically gets money to?
like you said, you're guaranteed to get the money right? why are you in such a hurry to get an extra 120 early?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Random3
Well the bit I can't get my head round is she said if she owed me £200 then she would sell the iPad and give me £200, so I don't get why owing me £3000 means any different

So if she won the lottery it would be unreasonable to expect her to pay me what she owes me? I am being a dick by expecting her to pay me back when she magically gets money to?

If she won the lottery, maybe not, but where do you draw the line? Does she owe every paycheck she gets to you until the $3,000 is paid off, at which point she can start buying food again? Of course this isn't the case, but as has been said before, the two of you really need to create a payment plan for this $3,000 that takes into consideration all of these things, especially if it comes to this kind of petty squabbling over $200.
^Yes. If you have an agreement about when and how she will pay you back then that's all the entitlement you have - that she follows through and pays you in accordance with your agreement.

She would be a dick NOT to pay you back if she won the lottery but she didn't win the lottery she won an iPad. If she wants to keep it you have no right to say otherwise.

EDIT: If she says she will pay you back "when she gets the money" then you have every right to expect her to pay you back when she wins the lottery but NOT when she wins an iPad.
Si
Quote by Random3
We are planning on it, but being a post-grad student means you don't exactly have a lot of money...

If you are planning on getting married, then that 3000 is just the start.
After marriage, you will be giving her all of your money.
If you get married, I suggest you get used to it.

With my last GF, occasionally, she would need money for gas, food, etc.
I would give it to her and never kept track of it.
Later on, when she got a good job, she went and bought a new (to her) car.
She gave me her old one.
It evens out in the end. Maybe just not right away.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
Of course this isn't the case, but as has been said before, the two of you really need to create a payment plan for this $3,000 that takes into consideration all of these things, especially if it comes to this kind of petty squabbling over $200.

We already have a plan of sorts, I just figured rather than sell the gift I bought her she would pay me some money that was basically given to her.
Quote by Random3
We already have a plan of sorts, I just figured rather than sell the gift I bought her she would pay me some money that was basically given to her.

We basically agree then, you've got every right to feel shitty or however you want to feel about not being paid this money she came into, but you obviously know that you aren't necessarily entitled to every penny she gets between now and $3,000.

If you've got a plan for the $3,000, great. If the $200 is something that's upsetting you obviously you need to talk to her about it (which I'm sure you already know/have done).

As for what your girlfriend should do, I still think she should sell whatever product she isn't going to want to use, and then do with the money what you both agree should be done with the money. Your time is better spent creating sweet progressive metal than all this.

Quote by CodeMonk
If you are planning on getting married, then that 3000 is just the start.
After marriage, you will be giving her all of your money.
If you get married, I suggest you get used to it.

I get that, the difference is I NEED the money I have lent her. If for whatever reason she can't pay me back then I run out of money in two months. Rather than have her ask to borrow more money in a month I would have thought it makes sense to pay what she can now.
It's kind of sad that she's selling your present just because she got a better version through windfall but think of it more as though someone offered to upgrade the present you bought her for free and give her 80 dollars.
Just curious, but what exactly does she owe you 3000 moneys for? That changes how I would feel about this.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 2