Hi everybody !
I'm just a poor girl, from a poor family, and looking forward to change my guitar.
And to upgrade my gear \o/
So I began looking for The One, and i found some guitar that I may like. It's a Ltd ESP Ec-1000 (vintage black, it rocks soooo much !).
But it seems that it is suited for m3t4l, and... I'm more into pop-punk, punk rock, with eventually some hxc influences
So I'd like to know if you could tell me what you think about it, and if it's not the good choice for me, so what would be The One ?

I hope you'll be able to help me !

And happy new year from France to everyone !
Guitar : ESP Ltd EC-1000
Amp : Peavey Bandit 112
What is your budget, you poor waif?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It is €550, €580 max ($800 I assume)
And it doesn't bother me if it is a used one
I did a little research on Thomann, and found out they sell that LTD for @800€.

Whether that guitar is The One for you, only you can decide. It is typically used more in hard rock & metal music, but that doesn't mean it can't do what you want it to. Just that it 1) doesn't look the part and 2) may not be able to do it easily or in precisely the way you want it to.

In the genres you want to play, you're going to find more Strat, Tele, Jag/Jazzmaster and various kinds of semihollows & hollowbodies than guitars like that LTD. And there should be a wide variety of sellers offering those.

However, in the same price range as the LTD, I found these Reverends for sale on a Belgian store's website (there don't appear to be any Reverend sellers in France proper). I think these instruments would do a great job of getting you the tones you seek.

http://www.thomaokaze.com/Reverend%20guitars/Reverend%20Six%20Gun%20III.htm
http://www.thomaokaze.com/Reverend%20guitars/Reverend%20Double%20Agent%20III.htm
http://www.thomaokaze.com/Reverend%20guitars/Reverend%20Flatroc.htm
http://www.thomaokaze.com/Reverend%20guitars/Reverend%20Buckshot.htm
http://www.thomaokaze.com/Reverend%20guitars/Reverend%20Club%20King%20RT.htm
http://www.thomaokaze.com/Reverend%20guitars/Reverend%20Manta%20Ray%20290.htm
http://www.thomaokaze.com/Reverend%20guitars/Reverend%20Sensei%20290.htm
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 2, 2014,
Quote by noma92
It is €550, €580 max ($800 I assume)
And it doesn't bother me if it is a used one

Ah, you poted that while I was posting my next post.

Well, in that case, I don't see any problem with looking for one of the Fenders I mentioned.

You might also be able to find a Godin Session- a Strat-like guitar- in your price range. They're excellent instruments, made in Canada. Some, like myself, think they're better than similarly priced Fender Strats.

You may also be able to find a used Rev in your budget, of course. I see them all the time on US websites, but don't know who ships to France.

I'venever heard about this brand, but I'll be making some research this morning
And yeah I was afraid of not being able to do what I wanted to with it... :/
And you can easily find the ltd at 550€ on the Internet here
It always pays to shop around!

And since French is not among my languages, it makes it harder for me to search for stuff I know is good in your vicinity.

But yeah, Reverend is a small, but good brand. I have a couple, and am looking for more.

Godin is bigger and also better known, and will be easier to find new or used.

Still, don't be disappointed in your budget- you really should be able to find a good Fender in that price range, if nothing else.

I'd also recommend something like a Hagstrom or Ibanez semihollow but I bet they're over €600.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 2, 2014,
godin and reverend are quality guitars.

honestly you need to ditch the frontman 15. i dont care if you buy a 10,000 dollar guitar, it wont be much different through that amp.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_

honestly you need to ditch the frontman 15. i dont care if you buy a 10,000 dollar guitar, it wont be much different through that amp.

Possibly a good point- I don't know that amp well enough to say for sure.

The overall point being made is a solid one, though, is that your amp defines your sound a lot more than your guitar. If your amp doesn't sound good, or isn't voiced for the kind of music you want to play, it won't matter which guitar you're playing.

If you like the EC-1000, you could likely find an Eclipse II that is used for that cost. As someone who owns both, the upgrade from LTD to ESP is well worth the difference in price. Plus you can get that VB finish, which I promise is as nice as it looks.

Also, I wouldn't be that concerned about it's versatility. It would play all of those styles to your liking. Clearly there are better pickups out there to different genres, though I like my EMGs for most things.
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Last edited by Slovak_Ghost at Jan 2, 2014,

Oh, but I don't have my frontman amp anymore, now I'm playing on a line 6 spider IV ^^
And thanx for those advices, I'll be studying this today
Quote by noma92
Oh, but I don't have my frontman amp anymore, now I'm playing on a line 6 spider IV ^^
And thanx for those advices, I'll be studying this today

you have a line 6 spider iV

yet in your sig it says you have a synyster custom

wat
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie
you have a line 6 spider iV

yet in your sig it says you have a synyster custom

wat

Seems like my signature hasn't been updated for a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile !
Now nothing of this is correct... I changed it !
Quote by noma92
Seems like my signature hasn't been updated for a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile !
Now nothing of this is correct... I changed it !

i'm guessing you sold the schecter synyster because it didn't fit your style and because of the floyd?
ayy lmao
You're soooo clearvoyant !
are you in the USA? this may affect what gear we recommend.

i see a frontman, peavey bandit 112, you say spider, and you had a synester custom?

WTF? this info is all over the place. you are making horizontal moves on amp. in my mind you are not moving anywhere in quality, only in brand.

if possible, you need to drop these amps and spend that 1000 on a quality amp.
____

it is MUCH better to run a cheap guitar into a quality amp than reverse. i would rather have a 200 dollar guitar into a 1000 dollar amp than a 1000 guitar into a 200 dollar amp.

your amp is your tone!!!!! your guitar is your tool!!!! do you spend 1000 on a hammer and then build your house out of soft balsa wood? NO. your doing everything backwards.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
In fact the peavey is the amp in the room where I practise with my band, and that's where I play the most, and that's at my school so I won't be selling it, you see...
And my guitar is now a LTD EC-1000