Page 1 of 3
Taken from Wikipedia

RPM invites musicians to create a whole album of music, 10 songs or 35 minutes, in the month of February. This is not a contest so there is no winner. The challenge functions solely to give musicians a needed push towards finishing original material and help them achieve a sense of satisfaction. The challenge is open to all participants regardless of style, solo artists or groups, country of origin, language or theme.

So, that's basically the gist of it. The rules are:

Produce an album of 10 songs or 35 minutes length

Record the album during the month of February

Deadline is March 1

The album must consist of original material, rather than cover songs.

All songs do not necessarily need to be written during the challenge, but it is encouraged.

Any form of recording is acceptable, from a simple tape recording to full studio production.

Working on final tweaks after midnight on March 1 is acceptable, as long as you don't sleep.

So I thought this would be a cool idea for UGers to do

Sign-Ups
yoman297
theogonia777
Loftus17
nico_9550
Xiaoxi
chev311e
DisarmGoliath
Horsedick.MPEG?
Telecaster7
sickman411
Aaron!!
Nickpocalypse
Tv-Casualty
DeriliumBassist
Harlot Hero
Primus2112
SunshineMusicO
StewieSwan?
macashmack
MakinLattes
GazzaCee
SkepisMetal
Demon Wolf
JustRooster
clegtr
dr_shred
Metallicuh
Last edited by yoman297 at Feb 1, 2014,
i'm gonna do this and write another black metal album even better than my last
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I need this. Sign me up.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'll give it a shot. I have about 4-5 already written/recorded so that'll help. But idk how busy I'll be in Feb, school starts up then.
I'll probably never find the time, but what the heck - I'll sign up, for now.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I would probably end up recording a bunch of really bad shit just for the sake of recording shit.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I would probably end up recording a bunch of really bad shit just for the sake of recording shit.

Record a song about Santa making his privilege and checking it twice.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by yoman297
who cares

anything can be recorded

I figured I'd make sure since it's not strictly recording.
Quote by sickman411
I figured I'd make sure since it's not strictly recording.

even if you are using vst instruments

the end product is still "recorded" on a file

#deep
What a cool idea... although I've never written or recorded anything in my life so I'm not sure how I'd get 10 songs done in a month
signing up

i mean i have a terrible track record of actually getting things done but im gonna sign up anyway

i figure i can get 10 shitty hardcore songs done in a month
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I'm already working on an album, but I don't want to rush it and sacrifice quality to get it done in 2 months, otherwise I'd be totally down for this...
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by yoman297
Hey everybody

i have no clue what kind of album to write

If I actually manage it, I might try to do kind of a concept album. Maybe that could get you going.
Quote by theogonia777
i'm gonna do this and write another black metal album even better than my last

please link me to your black metal album

my interest has been peaked
banned
I'd sign up but I already spent August and December working on one I'm releasing later this week, so I want a break Plus college starts back up then.

Going to keep an eye on this though; the 30-day album challenges always turned up interesting results.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
I'm in, but I have no recording equipment, so the whole album will be written in musescore
Quote by MakinLattes
My eggs have been peaked.

Sign me up.

I can fertilize your eggs if you'd like
Quote by macashmack
I can fertilize your eggs if you'd like

I think she prefers them to be fried rather than fertilized like Flynt Flossy.
This sounds interesting, could be fun. Sign me up!
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
Tempted to sign up, but I have no idea if I'd actually get it done. I've finished one song in my entire life
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Tempted to sign up, but I have no idea if I'd actually get it done. I've finished one song in my entire life

For what it's worth, I hadn't finished any when I entered a nearly identical challenge years ago, and I managed to pull that one off
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
I'm unsure how I'll manage as my band are currently in the songwriting process until the end of Feb. Just have to make my RPM thing a completely different genre so no ideas O have for it are ones that could have served the band lol. Being preoccupied thinking of stuff for us though may mean I won't have many ideas for this
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I will do it!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I've got a couple nights alone in a hotel room to figure out how to program drums and make them sound decent. If I can do this, I'll throw my name in the hat.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Page 1 of 3