I hear some pitching problems and problems with enunciation. Attach a file of you singing without any vocal processing so we can better critique your voice.
Quote by GoldenGuitar
I hear some pitching problems and problems with enunciation. Attach a file of you singing without any vocal processing so we can better critique your voice.

thanx GG.. heres a dry sample, no reverb, eq or compression.

https://soundcloud.com/hegs12/coldplay-dry-output-stereo-out

excuse that final note.. just muckin around
Last edited by TinSoldier20 at Jan 3, 2014,
Simple answer to your question:
No.
You struggle singing on pitch and your voice is not extraordinary, which means that it's not original in a way that would make up for the pitch-issues.
Even when you fix your pitching, there will be a loong way.
This is not because you are particularly bad, but because there are a lot of incredible singers that never get any publicity or fame.
It also depends on what genre you play and if can write "good" music, or rather music that would be played in the radio.
Some popular artists are bad singers, so it is possible.
But if you really wish for that to happen, keep practicing!
Your tone is fine and enjoyable.
Last edited by KrisHQ at Jan 3, 2014,
Quote by KrisHQ
Simple answer to your question:
No.
You struggle singing on pitch and your voice is not extraordinary, which means that it's not original in a way that would make up for the pitch-issues.
Even when you fix your pitching, there will be a loong way.
This is not because you are particularly bad, but because there are a lot of incredible singers that never get any publicity or fame.
It also depends on what genre you play and if can write "good" music, or rather music that would be played in the radio.
Some popular artists are bad singers, so it is possible.
But if you really wish for that to happen, keep practicing!
Your tone is fine and enjoyable.

Thx, Im also looking for pointers on what is most in need of improvement with my vocals. I know the industry is impossible to break into and I have no intention of being the next Seal..Im an indie songwriter/producer. I just want constructive criticism about what needs most fixing and how to do it.
Gotta breathe properly. Work on originality. Perhaps work on originals. Covers don't get people really far.
Could you guys check out my YouTube channel? My friend and I are gonna cover songs every Friday and add a little twist of interest and comedy in the videos. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Keep on rocking. http://www.youtube.com/MCEGmusic
Quote by TinSoldier20
Thx, Im also looking for pointers on what is most in need of improvement with my vocals. I know the industry is impossible to break into and I have no intention of being the next Seal..Im an indie songwriter/producer. I just want constructive criticism about what needs most fixing and how to do it.

Pitching. Ear-training is a good help, and then practice singing along to a piano. Hold notes, sing scales, triads etc.
When you get more experienced, try to play a root-note and see if you can hit the major third or perfect fifth, and then check if you got it by hitting it on the piano.
Such simple things will help.