I've been looking around for a third guitar for a while now to 'complete' my guitar collection existing out of a PRS SE EG (SSS) and a Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe reissue. I've been doing research for a while and I came across the PRS SE Mark Tremonti which I seem to like a lot. However, I can test a stoptail version but I can't test a version with a tremolo. I love my PRS SE EG, it barely goes out of tune, and it seems like the stoptail on the MT version is the same. The other side is that I don't have a guitar with a tremolo arm so having one could be a nice contribution.

How big is the difference between a tremolo on the guitar and a tremolo effect from a pedal? Would a pedal be the way to go?

Music styles I like: Blues, rock, hard rock, soul. I'm playing through a Blackstar HT5R Combo at home.

Some lovely tones from the guitar in this review (starting at 3:50): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLdU1ITvkzI
Last edited by GuitarL91 at Jan 2, 2014,
I feel wrap around bridges give me the best tone. But me personaly on those guitars, I would get for the tremolo just for the simple fact you can adjust the intonation. Or just get a better bridge to replace the original one.

That really bugs me about PRS. They charge so much for what they are and give you a non adjustable bridge. And it really does matter if you adjust the truss rod your scale length changes.

As far as the pedal that would be a set rate of effect unless you bend down while playing to adjust it. And if you don't have a tremolo guitar get one. But on the other hand if you don't need one you really don't need it. But that's kinda the point in having many guitars, get ones that are different from one another.
What the hell!!!
Quote by danvwman
I feel wrap around bridges give me the best tone. But me personaly on those guitars, I would get for the tremolo just for the simple fact you can adjust the intonation. Or just get a better bridge to replace the original one.

That really bugs me about PRS. They charge so much for what they are and give you a non adjustable bridge. And it really does matter if you adjust the truss rod your scale length changes.

As far as the pedal that would be a set rate of effect unless you bend down while playing to adjust it. And if you don't have a tremolo guitar get one. But on the other hand if you don't need one you really don't need it. But that's kinda the point in having many guitars, get ones that are different from one another.

Yeah I agree upon the bridge point. However, the guitars are most often set up very well! I'm looking into differences between the PRS SE Mark Tremonti and the PRS SE Mark Tremonti Custom now. It seems like they have different pick ups (Treble and Bass Humbuckers vs. 2 SE 245 Humbuckers). At first I thought the only difference was the tremolo….
The PRS Speaks about a PRS Designed SE 245 Treble Humbucker and a PRS Designed SE 245 Bass Humbucker for the Custom. For the non custom version they speak about a PRS Designed SE Treble Humbucker and a PRS Designed SE Bass Humbucker. Is there any difference?