I tried to find a thread on this earlier so sorry if this is a retread. I'm currently a radio DJ with a two hour rock show called "Ultimate Kickback" for WMLU 91.3 FM in Virginia. I gotta say I love it and if you have thought about pursuing it (especially those of you in college) DO IT. I've been able to talk and work with some of my favorite bands and I've also been able to host concerts and premiere singles worldwide. So how many of you are in radio?

Got any cool stories???

By the way those of you who have radio shows I'm down for a like for like situation if you want. If you're interested in my show check it out at www.facebook.com/ultimatekickback
I run a radio station with a transmitter that puts out 20 times the wattage of yours.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by angusfan16
I am a radio

But are you a clock?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I ran a metal/prog show on my college's campus radio station that barely went out 5 miles. I only had two dedicated listeners that I know of, and one was my aunt.

I miss it.
successful people don't browse forums
Peavey 6505+ Head (Left)
Line 6 Spider IV HD150 Head (Right)
Marshall 1960A 4x12
ESP DV-8
Ibanez RG T42DX
Agile Hornet Pro 727
Quote by Br0c00ler
successful people don't browse forums

Define success.

Yeah we're doing this again
I've spent over $25 at Radio Shack in my life.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
My brother DJ's a 1 hr hip-hop show at UNR. I've always thought it would be a cool job, but the money's shit.
Quote by Reisgar42
I've spent over $25 at Radio Shack in my life.

So many adapters...

TS college/indie/public radio is cool, just don't be one of those annoying dipshits...

Who...speak. so.

Um, yeah.

Damn

slowly.

In the words of Strong Bad, "Dead air, um. Dead air."

I'd love to do that myself, I just have no connections.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Define success.

Yeah we're doing this again

In this field probably like Howard Stern or whoever else still uses a radio
Peavey 6505+ Head (Left)
Line 6 Spider IV HD150 Head (Right)
Marshall 1960A 4x12
ESP DV-8
Ibanez RG T42DX
Agile Hornet Pro 727
I hate when DJ's don't prep for their show or have nothing to talk about. As soon as I hear that "so ummmmm......yea" I instantly turn it off. Our transmitter goes pretty far but most of our listeners are online since we stream 24/7. Definitely helps get the fanbase up.
Sometimes people call us from India and South Korea and Germany.
Uni radio always sounds like the people involved have a good time, but I really don't know who actually listens to it haha.

A fella I went to school with (I was about to write "friend", then remembered I didn't really talk to him that much haha. He was a nice guy though. FB frendz 4 lyf.) I think has done quite well out of student radio. He's hosted shows on Radio 1 quite a few times. I think he's pretty much their go-to guy when they need a stand-in for the early slots.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Uni radio always sounds like the people involved have a good time, but I really don't know who actually listens to it haha.

A fella I went to school with (I was about to write "friend", then remembered I didn't really talk to him that much haha. He was a nice guy though. FB frendz 4 lyf.) I think has done quite well out of student radio. He's hosted shows on Radio 1 quite a few times. I think he's pretty much their go-to guy when they need a stand-in for the early slots.

If you're good enough and have a decent range (read: enough wattage to get off of campus) and play stuff that other local stations don't, you can pick up quite a number of loyal listeners.
I am Radio

Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I started DJing a few months ago; it's super fun and I get a lot of unexpected phone calls. Going through stacks is addicting
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja