I got my guitar today. tried using amplitube but could not get any sound out of it pluggrf into the mic of my laptop.will getting an interface solve my problrm?
1) I don't mean to be a jerk, but next time, please use a more specific topic. "Help" doesn't tell anyone what your problem is. Something like "no sound from guitar plugged into laptop" is more informative.

2) Let me get things straight: You got a electric guitar and plugged it directly into your laptops mic-input? What cable did you use anyway? Nevermind. This won't work. Never. The singal your guitar sends to your laptop is too weak to produce any audible sound. That's the reason why electric guitars require an amplifier: They amplify the output.

3) An interface might solve your problem. You would plug your guitar directly into the interface, which in tun would be plugged into your laptop. You need to make sure that you 1. have a software for simulating amplifiers and 2. the interface doesn't need an external amplifier itself. They are rare, but they exist.

4) I don't mean any disrespect, but it seems you don't quite have an idea how an electric guitar works. Don't overcomplicate things by getting an interface. If I were you, I'd simply buy a cheap amplifier and play that way. You will have more fun with it that way.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.