Page 1 of 2
Temperatures in Winnipeg hovered around -31 degrees Celsius yesterday afternoon, which were the coldest afternoon temperatures the area has seen in several years. Wind chill values, which had dipped to near or at -50 earlier in the day, were still hovering around -40 in the afternoon — cold enough to freeze expose skin in as little as five minutes

... but over the past month, REMS has been reporting daily high temperatures ranging from -25 to -31 degrees Celcius, and according to the data, -31 degrees Celsius is the coldest daily high the rover has seen since it landed!!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/geekquinox/frigid-winnipeg-temperatures-reach-cold-planet-mars-204225571.html

lol canada
yeah, that's why I moved to the tropics years ago. Who the hell would want to live in that????
it was -51*C w/ the wind chill in my town (northern manitoba)

it was crazy
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
-56 with the wind in some places here in quebec. That's almost -60
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
how much of the infrastructure is still working?
just a curious seeing as britain seems to collapse in on itself whenever any weather happens.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Buy a heater assholes!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by moody git
just a curious seeing as britain seems to collapse in on itself whenever any weather happens.
I noticed nothing out of the ordinary in terms of internet/electricity/phone service/etc here in Winnipeg

We are used to ridiculously low temperatures.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by moody git

The difference is we are ready for it. How many places in the world just go full ****** when it gets just a little snowy?
Quote by DarkLiquor

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
i wish i was in northern ontario or at least manitoba right now

really underrated province tbh

people are too busy creaming their pants over bc these days

Quote by shelovemyguitar
The difference is we are ready for it. How many places in the world just go full ****** when it gets just a little snowy?

my cities not ready for it. we exceeded the entire $200,000 yearly snow removal budget before christmas
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
#GlobalWarming
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I dislike anything under 45 Fahrenheit/ 7.2 Celsius. You crazy Canadians can keep your cold weather.
Quote by SGstriker
#GlobalWarming

It's not really a global warming. The global weather is just going crazy, snow in Jerusalem and in the Colorado, this summer here we had some 45 degrees celcius and now-55 thats a 100 degrees jump...
Quote by DarkLiquor

Wake up people!
Last edited by shelovemyguitar at Jan 3, 2014,
Quote by MinterMan22
i wish i was in northern ontario or at least manitoba right now

really underrated province tbh

people are too busy creaming their pants over bc these days

manitoba is just northern ontario but shittier.

northern ontario is ideal

you boys call in the army?
I live in South Dakota, which is close enough to Canada that we get their ****ing winds all winter. There was a week or so last winter where with wind factored in it was -40 F (which is also -40 C) like every day and last week the weather went from 30 degrees to -30 in a matter of hours because of the weather coming down from Canada. Seriously, Canada is like Hell on Earth.
Quote by whywefight
I live in South Dakota, which is close enough to Canada that we get their ****ing winds all winter. There was a week or so last winter where with wind factored in it was -40 F (which is also -40 C) like every day and last week the weather went from 30 degrees to -30 in a matter of hours because of the weather coming down from Canada. Seriously, Canada is like Hell on Earth.

Yeah hell on earth when you're a ****ing pussy... Siberia's much worse...
Quote by DarkLiquor

Wake up people!
The funny thing is, it was like 40 C one day here.

Also last week it dropped 30 degrees C in a few hours.
Nah screw that I'm moving. Just because some other random place is worse doesn't mean I have to put up with this shit for no reason.
And here I am in Washington State (Canada-adjacent), complaining if the temperature gets anywhere close to freezing.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
man, I'm so sad I made this thread now after seeing those shake shack burgers. I would buy an extra just to fuck it while I eat its siblings. then i'd eat that one too.

I am so sorry for my mother's "escapades"...
Quote by whywefight

Nothing with the word 'south' in it is close enough to canada to understand.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
As a person from Calgary I can claim having the craziest weather ever, 12-1pm is awesome 2 degrees. 3pm rolls around and we are -30 without the windchill and in a blizzard.

Personally I'd take consistency here.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
Quote by Wiegenlied
Nothing with the word 'south' in it is close enough to canada to understand.

It's further north than most of Maine, so yeah.
Quote by skylerjames13
it was -51*C w/ the wind chill in my town (northern manitoba)

it was crazy

How does that shit feel? I've never experienced weather that cold.

Do you feel your skin just freeze? Does it hurt?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Mars is like the Canada of planets anyway.

But seriously. I cry like a bitch when it gets to be 50 degrees here. I don't know how you Canadians do it.
Quote by The Madcap
I can't tell if that's Canada or a level in Mario Kart.

I can tell you that's a fake picture...

I walk when I go to work and when it's really cold it kinda sucks mostly in the face area. Freezing basically feels like burning, it's the same kind of injury...
Quote by DarkLiquor

Wake up people!
Its not THAT bad.

You just wear a lot of layers and a scarf, gloves etc.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
I remember years ago when I was in elementary school there was a few days during a freezing cold week that buses were cancelled in my district because it was too cold for buses to start.

I don't get that kind of cold out in Halifax anymore, it's usually pretty mild most of the time. I love winter and the cold, but after coming home for the Christmas break and feeling the past few days -32 with the wind chill I don't really miss it all that much.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Like 3 weeks ago for an hour here it was the coldest city in the world. As much as I love alberta, ****ing windchill of -52 makes me want to move
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Page 1 of 2