i have an orange 2x12"with the VHT Sig :X i thought i heard volume drop. so i shut everything down.

later the next morning i was sitting right in front of it pushing the volume harder and harder and no issue, not overheating, not red plating.

but then i moved over to grab a drink and it seemed like part of the volume went down as i moved, moved back (literally sub ten seconds) it was fine.

maybe i was just close enoguh to actually get in and out of the trajectory (for lack of better words. of the speaker and nothing is REALLY wrong.

any thoughts i would honestly know whether that is a sight of the tubes dying.

i have had power tubes die on me before, but it progressed much faster

also i rearranged my stdio, so maybe frequencies are playing games with me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
In my experience power tubes die very gradually. It's only ever happened to me on one of my very first tube amps, a ValveKing. It started off like that, where I wasn't really sure if there was a problem because it would only drop out for a few seconds and then be fine for a day or more with no issues. But the drop outs get more frequent, and then eventually they'll shit the bed (mine never got to that point).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^same here. I assumed it was the power tubes, swapped 'em, problem gone.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
free tubes for me...lol. when the time happens the ProMod will be running on 50 watts (half power half tubes). i go back and fourth anyways.

i certainly don't want to to blow the resistor, so i will probably try it a few times and pull them.

the only really plus, if i knew i needed to test an amp they would at close be enogh to diagnose. another amp down the road.

i need to make a new bias probe, or may just get the one tube depot sells. quicker than sourcing parts, and i have more money than time now.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
and when i get my new bias probe i will get the sovtek mig done. it has extensive modding, the guy who did it was a tech and he was going to keep it but he (oddly enough) found a vox he liked better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!