I just bought an epiphone junior, wanting somewhere to put a p90, and it came with hum buckers in... I've done a lot of googling and didn't get a straight answer of whether I'd be able to just pop it in, and whether the gap would be created/be able to be covered up (aestetics are very important to me). If possible what p90 do I need to get, cover, and any other work that needs to be done to make this happen? (I have a local guitar geek who can probably do any work necessary - just need to know what needs to happen).
Standard P90s have different dimensions from HBs, and in most cases, will not fit. Especially dog-ear style.

There are companies that make humbucker-sized P90s, and supposedly, some pickup companies make adapter mounts- TV Jones, perhaps- but they may only fit certain kinds of P90s.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Search for "humbucker sized P-90"

P90's are wider so you would need to route the body to fit.
Well, there are lots of HB sized P90s out there- I know, because I've been looking at them for different projects all through 2013.

What kind of sound are you looking for, and what is your budget?
don't laugh, but the guitar was meant to be my green day song guitar, but the guitar was such a good bargain I had to have it even without p90's (so a green day/ blink 182 sound) :P

price, about £50 for the pickup itself
SD P-Rails or Phat Cats, DiMarzio Bluesbuckers, Kent Armstrong Convertable/Ragtop or Tonerider Rebels are all decent choices in your price range.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Forgot about these- the RailHammer Tel 90 and Gnarly 90 are both HB90 designs, and are running about $99 apiece. These are fairly new, but kick ass.

http://www.railhammer.com/pickups.html

http://splitrockguitars.com/RailhammerPickups.html

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 3, 2014,
I had an Epi LP with bucker sized P90's in it. I think I had the GFS ones. Check those out, they are pretty inexpensive, and sound pretty well IMO.
Ibanez SR1200E