So, I noticed in quite a few Japanese media geared towards younger audiences they have characters have multiple forms and in these forms they gain a visible aura, with longer hair (for ex super sonic from Sonic The Hedgehog, super sajins {spelling?} from DBZ, dark saske {spelling?} from Naruto)

So my question is,
Is there some mythological thing / old story where these Japanese people are using to base the idea of a visible aura with growing longer hair relating to becoming more powerful?

If so, what is it based off of???
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
It's an easy way to make a character look different. Change the color/shading and hairstyle.
Quote by MakinLattes
It's an easy way to make a character look different. Change the color/shading and hairstyle.

Ahh, I never took that into account.
Quote by Suffrin
I've never heard of it. But Ironically, my highschool sports teams were known as the Logan Berries.

Minecraft Name : Selibucaz2
Samson on LSD
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
There are some cultures which believe that longer hair gives you power, strength and all these things. Japan might be the case.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
There was this Japanese Warlord named Samanosuke Okatsui who survived over 100 battles in his reign.

Towards the end, he was lost in a battle and thought to be dead. Naturally, his soldiers moved on as soldiers do, but he was such a great leader that they were lost without him, and not nearly the force they once were.

Months after the loss of their leader, they engaged in combat with members of the Soshti Clan, led by Oda Murasama. Murasama was brutal. He and his men slaughtered dozens of the Okatsui soldiers.

They would never give up, yet defeat looked all but certain.

Then, they heard a horn. Looking up to the nearest hilltop, standing in the blinding rays of the sun, was their former leader, Samanosuke. His hair was down to his ankles after months of living in the wilderness. He was bloodied and bruised, but this combined with his wild, untamed look and the rays of the sun made him appear more imposing than ever before. He was a godlike figure, enough to put fear or respect in the heart of any man.

With his return the men rallied, Samanosuke yelled Kame-hame-ha, and the battle was over cause long hair is super-powers.

This is a true story.*

* - May or may not actually be true. Someone google it to confirm.
Wubba lubba dub dub!
their.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
AFAIK in ancient times, long hair was considered a token of power for men. Like when a samurai is defeated, they cut his hair and similar examples also exist in different cultures. I believe Japanese version of this is related to the samurai tradition.
Quote by captainsnazz
Can confirm that long hair gives power

skrillex is the most successful/best dubstep artist and he has the longest hair

it must be true
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Shawn1379
There was this Japanese Warlord named Samanosuke Okatsui who survived over 100 battles in his reign.

Towards the end, he was lost in a battle and thought to be dead. Naturally, his soldiers moved on as soldiers do, but he was such a great leader that they were lost without him, and not nearly the force they once were.

Months after the loss of their leader, they engaged in combat with members of the Soshti Clan, led by Oda Murasama. Murasama was brutal. He and his men slaughtered dozens of the Okatsui soldiers.

Then, they heard a horn. Looking up to the nearest hilltop, standing in the blinding rays of the sun, was their former leader, Samanosuke. His hair was down to his ankles after months of living in the wilderness. He was bloodied and bruised, but this combined with his wild, untamed look and the rays of the sun made him appear more imposing than ever before. He was a godlike figure, enough to put fear or respect in the heart of any man.

With his return the men rallied, Samanosuke yelled Kame-hame-ha, and the battle was over cause long hair is super-powers.

This is a true story.*

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Long hairs are really mini tentacles, and we all know the significance of tentacles in Japanese culture.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Or.... Asian people copied everything American since they soo kewlll.

Dragonbal is from the 80's, and in that time long (blond) hair and neon lighted glows and arena's were everywhere.

Super saiyans scream when they charge... Wel so does every 80's metal/pop singer.

They both come in tight spandex.

Somehow it also became insanely popular in western world..what a coincidence.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jan 3, 2014,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Super saiyans scream when they charge... Wel so does every 80's metal/pop singer.

signers don't "charge" there goes your silly theory
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Shawn1379

This is a true story.*

Came into this thread looking for a legitimate answer. Close enough.
Quote by theogonia777
signers don't "charge" there goes your silly theory

That would be the mandatory bridge in every metal ballad.