Page 1 of 2
I know someone's gonna say 'I don't even wanna be famous' but those who do, what steps are you taking to achieve it? (If any)
I have over 700 subscribers no youtube. 6 albums, and one EP.

You can hear my music in beat hazard ultra (psn and steam,) Unplugged (xbox arcade,) symphonic tower defense 2, spiked, madoka the animation, audition, and a variety of other video games.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 3, 2014,
I'd absolutely love to. I'm recording an album myself at the moment, but it's slow progress. The chances are that I'll make a soundcloud, band camp, all that shit and the only people who'll ever listen are friends and I'll get absolutely no where, but whatever.
Quote by K'Nuckles
I'd absolutely love to. I'm recording an album myself at the moment, but it's slow progress. The chances are that I'll make a soundcloud, band camp, all that shit and the only people who'll ever listen are friends and I'll get absolutely no where, but whatever.

Aw

Have you tried playing your stuff at clubs? Like, do covers and just insert a song of yours in the mix?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I want to be hugely unpopular in my lifetime and then be regarded as one of the greatest musicians of all time in like 300 years.

So you'll be Bach?
Quote by K'Nuckles
Clubs don't take kindly to death metal, I don't think.

You're going to the wrong clubs son. But I don't know really maybe famous within my field but not an A list celebrity kind of thing.
I've been fortunate enough to work for a friend who films live shows - meaning i've met quite a few famous musicians. What was interesting to me, was that genre aside - they all said pretty much the same thing.

It's a hard life, and you have to sacrifice so much to make it. 95% of the time is dull/ travelling/ repetitious interviews/ meet and greets... but the love of music makes that 5% worth it.

For me, I couldn't take the relentless stress, pressure, not knowing what tomorrow will bring, loved today/ hated tomorrow. Especially considering famous musicians don't make as much money as people think.

Justin Beiber might be a bad example - but put yourself in his position. Waking up everyday having a large part of the internet wish you were dead. That's messed up. People may say "He knew what he was getting into" blah blah blah - but in reality, the internet took to hating a teenage boy for being a teenage boy...

I'd much prefer to make music and play music without all the above bullshit!
"A man chooses. A slave obeys."
Quote by sykryk
I've been fortunate enough to work for a friend who films live shows - meaning i've met quite a few famous musicians. What was interesting to me, was that genre aside - they all said pretty much the same thing.

It's a hard life, and you have to sacrifice so much to make it. 95% of the time is dull/ travelling/ repetitious interviews/ meet and greets... but the love of music makes that 5% worth it.

For me, I couldn't take the relentless stress, pressure, not knowing what tomorrow will bring, loved today/ hated tomorrow. Especially considering famous musicians don't make as much money as people think.

Justin Beiber might be a bad example - but put yourself in his position. Waking up everyday having a large part of the internet wish you were dead. That's messed up. People may say "He knew what he was getting into" blah blah blah - but in reality, the internet took to hating a teenage boy for being a teenage boy...

I'd much prefer to make music and play music without all the above bullshit!

Great way of putting it. Personally, if I had the talent and a chance to make something meaningful, it'd be worth the gamble.
I was actually chatting to a friend about this the other day. Personally, a level I could be really happy at: Got an album or two out, maybe sell a couple of copies. Hell, even if they were pirated I wouldn't mind at all, that's just how the world works now. If there were just a couple of people dotted about the globe walking down the street listening to my music, I would feel VERY happy with that. Maybe do some tours just opening for some big-timers, earn a little bit of cash off merch. Obviously I'd still need a job to support it and all, but hey, that's ok with me. Unambitious? Maybe, but eh.
I'm working my way there and I hope to achieve my goal some day. I became serious about my music roughly a year ago now. In that time, I've gained close to 1,500 subscribers on YouTube, almost 400 on SoundCloud, I've had decent local, national and internet radio play, have performed live in Sydney, my home city and in about a month, Melbourne and have collaborated with a good number of musicians whilst making new connections.

I make Electrohouse ala Zedd, Madeon, Porter Robinson, etc. I won't post a link to my stuff as it may come off as advertising, but feel free to ask and I'll post one of my tracks.
i love playing guitar and making music, but i have no desire or need to be famous or well known. it just doesnt appeal to me. i would hate to be followed and watched every minute of the day and have every action during one of my drunking stupers broadcasted to everyone in the world.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
I'm going to be the most famous, richest musician ever as soon as I get my demos recorded

At least, the most famous, richest musician in my house.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by K'Nuckles
Unambitious? Maybe, but eh.

that is actually a very ambitious goal that is pretty unreasonable to expect from yourself.
Quote by Weaponized
that is actually a very ambitious goal that is pretty unreasonable to expect from yourself.

lol such pessimist.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
before i wasn't thinking about it

but two weeks ago my friend fought with his old studio members and now he is opening a new studio i visited him and i thought it would be nice if he let me help him with recording an album and get some reputation
Last edited by nirvana_n_roses at Jan 3, 2014,
I'm trying my hardest to, mainly by recording and releasing stuff as much as we can and playing gigs all of the place regularly. I think we may already be huge in Japan.
Quote by WhiteStripesIII
I'm trying my hardest to, mainly by recording and releasing stuff as much as we can and playing gigs all of the place regularly. I think we may already be huge in Japan.

I'm huge in Japan as well, I'm 6'1".
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
lol such pessimist.

But it's the truth!

"I don't need to headline... I could just open" Jesus Christ never in 1 million years unless you take it very very serious which is a huge commitment for something that no one will care about besides you.
i just wanna play shitty beer soaked basement shows mang
Quote by K'Nuckles
*Mesugar guys*]

My left ear feels so lonely

OT, I want to write music more than anything. To score a movie is my big dream.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Not quite, Bach's music was very well respected among connoisseurs but just not well known because it was too complex in comparison to tastes at time (well, nobody liked fugues at the time for sure.) And it was only about 80 years after he died that Mendelssohn brought him back into the public eye.

That plus Bach was well regarded during his own lifetime, if not for his compositional skills, at least for his facility for keyboard improvisation. He was at least enough of a public figure for some German nationalist music critic to slate him because his music was too ornate and 'Italian'.
I don't want to be a famous musician but I do want to make music with Taylor Swift in like 10 years from now when she gets bored of doing pop and decides to play real country.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
maybe just a little bit famous
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
How did the ppl in this thread get so many Youtube subscribers?

Like I haven't the foggiest idea of how to get random people to watch your music...
Am I trying to be one no, would I like to be one? sure. Mainly so I can GTFO of america to travel. Really want to go to the basque country.
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by ichiefG13
Am I trying to be one no, would I like to be one? sure. Mainly so I can GTFO of america to travel. Really want to go to the basque country.

lolololol whyyyyy?
Quote by Philip_pepper
lolololol whyyyyy?

Mainly because I recently discovered my family hails from the basque province/my lead guitarist too/my bands name is basque. All this was figured out after making the band and talking to my lead which kinda made me feel like it was a sign to go there and check it out.
Whats goes around must come down
I would like to be a famous musician. I would play for the fans not the critics. I would play for the fans and for the love of music. Others just want recognition, money, free drinks, getting laid every night etc. Sure it'll be great but you need to be more into the music, not the money.
Page 1 of 2