i'm looking for a solid preamp to supplement my POD HD's weak amp sims and have been looking at the e530. i live in an apt so cranking my valve head for recording isn't ideal. the e530's gotten some pretty solid reviews and youtube demos sound good. what's got me interested the most is the 5 watt power amp built in.

anyone have any hands-on experience with it and if so, is it worth it?
Ophidius - Skyrim inspired instrumental death metal

Dystrophy - Dissonant death metal, ala Gorguts, Voivod, Atheist

Jackson RR1
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez S520EX
I am interested in one too actually since one has been on my local CL for a while. I havent tried it though.

The power amp is 1.5w. Doesnt sound like much to me but there are a few youtube videos of people rocking the 1.5 through a cab.

If you dont get a lot of responses here do some searching on sevenstring.org where it comes up pretty often.
Quote by cGoEcYk
I am interested in one too actually since one has been on my local CL for a while. I havent tried it though.

The power amp is 1.5w. Doesnt sound like much to me but there are a few youtube videos of people rocking the 1.5 through a cab.

If you dont get a lot of responses here do some searching on sevenstring.org where it comes up pretty often.

ah you're right, i misspoke about the power amp wattage. regardless, still perfect for apt jamming/light recording. thanks for the heads up, i'll search around the sevenstring boards.
Ophidius - Skyrim inspired instrumental death metal

Dystrophy - Dissonant death metal, ala Gorguts, Voivod, Atheist

Jackson RR1
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez S520EX
it is a PREamp. then you run it into a POWERamp.

most of it depending on the poweramp you choose, but they can be pricey.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jan 3, 2014,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
it is a PREamp. then you run it into a POWERamp.

most of it depending on the poweramp you choose, but they can be pricey.

It also has a built in 1.5 watt power amp you can run a cab with
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The e530 is a very solid unit. I've had one for a few years, never any complaints and I still miss its metal tones from time to time. The built in poweramp is nothing to write home about, but it isn't bad. Works fine for practicing by yourself. I've had great results recording the preamp into impulses for poweramp and cab simulation.

Also, when I got it, I A/Bed it with the marshall jmp-1 preamp. Though the Marshall has more functionality, the ENGL sounded better to me. Either way, the e530 is a tried and true unit. If you like the clips you hear online by all means give it a try.
WTLTL 2011