Page 1 of 2
Awhile back I lost my phone/mp3 player and have been forced to listen to the radio when I drive. So does anybody else still listen to the radio? If so what stations do you listen to? I listen to dad rock , the college station or the "classical" station. Discuss and feel free to call me old.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Man two radio threads in one day. New world record.

Only radio I'd listen to now adays is XM radio. But mostly I just use cds or my phone while driving
Sail upon the open skies
I find mainstream British radio tedious. Shit songs, shit people. I live in Leeds, and the uni radio station there is good, but nah. I have no time for this whatchamacallit radio.
Caution:
This post contains my opinion and/or inaccurate information

Quote by vayne92
I'm genuinely beginning to think you're the best troll of all time

"Emocore is like, when you cry when you break a guitar string"
- Thurston Moore
Yes, but the only station I usually listen to is the local NPR station. That, or occasionally a classical music station.

The majority of the music I enjoy isn't played on the radio.
I listen to NPR.

But I'll listen to the pop stations if I'm too lazy to hook up my phone.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Only in the car... when my parents put it on radio... and I am not listening to my phone... rarely happens as I don't live with my parents and I don't drive myself.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I listen to the rock station in my car only.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
I listen to the radio way more than I should honestly. I really need to burn some cd's.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I listen to the classical station in the car. I ranted about this a while ago.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by angusfan16
Man two radio threads in one day. New world record.

Only radio I'd listen to now adays is XM radio. But mostly I just use cds or my phone while driving

i thought you were a radio

you listen to yourself

it's how radios masturbate
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I listen to the radio. Modern rock, classic rock, jazz, classical.
I also listen to Sirius Satellite radio. Anything from blues to metal.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Kexp
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Quote by theogonia777
i thought you were a radio

you listen to yourself

it's how radios masturbate

Actually I am a clock.
Sail upon the open skies
I don't listen to it on my own but I'll often hear it in public places.
I used to listen to the radio on the bus to school every morning. Ever since finishing school, I've become completely ignorant of pop music.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 3, 2014,
Quote by angusfan16
Actually I am a clock.

So that's why they call you a clock/radio: because you're a clock and a radio.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I listen to the radio occasionally through the internet either on my PC or on my phone. In the car, radio is mandatory.
Yep, only when the cd's are not in the car or my aux cable.
Whats goes around must come down
I listen to the radio literally almost every time I drive somewhere. In other words, I listen to the radio every day.
Ugh. At work they have the local generic pop hits radio station on and it's so damn tedious. They play the same 10 or so songs pretty much on loop for the whole time (so the same song often comes on 2-3 times in a shift) mixed with a few other well-known songs from other years. It's depressing to hear how many of today's hit songs are just so lazily written. "I know, we'll use that four-chord progression, and just write some generic, uninspired lyrics about a breakup/party-yolo-times, and we'll be rolling in the money!". And it works :\ And most of the people I work with don't care and don't seem to get tired of hearing it a billion times a day.

The wierd thing is though, on the other half of the building where I work, they've got Absolute Radio 90's on which every time I go over there is like YESSSS FANTASTIC SONG as they'll have Pearl Jam or REM on or even a song I haven't heard since the 90s and had almost forgot about, and blah blah so much more fun to listen to.

Also: Planet Rock = almost guaranteed to hear something good when it's on. Not that I really have it on anymore, but 'tis good.
Last edited by pete-c at Jan 3, 2014,
I haven't listened to the radio in years. Every station out here (all 2 of them) only play country-pop-shit, and nothing else.
I listen to the radio whenever I drive. DC101 actually plays some good music most of the time. Mostly 90s rock, sometimes they get ridiculously repetitive though.
From time to time I listen to the Dog Rocks on IHeartRadio and the actual radio. But They do play the same songs over and over sometimes. But other than that I still kind of listen to radio.
I listen to sports radio a lot, but other than that...no. I don't even bother with programming presets on FM
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Planet Rock for me. I used to listen to classical music on the radio, but on the stations I can find I only hear romantic. I don't like romantic music.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
The station I pick depends on what I can get in. I can't listen to talk radio with out wanting to go on a killing spree.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by pete-c
Ugh. At work they have the local generic pop hits radio station on and it's so damn tedious. They play the same 10 or so songs pretty much on loop for the whole time (so the same song often comes on 2-3 times in a shift) mixed with a few other well-known songs from other years. It's depressing to hear how many of today's hit songs are just so lazily written. "I know, we'll use that four-chord progression, and just write some generic, uninspired lyrics about a breakup/party-yolo-times, and we'll be rolling in the money!". And it works :\ And most of the people I work with don't care and don't seem to get tired of hearing it a billion times a day.

The wierd thing is though, on the other half of the building where I work, they've got Absolute Radio 90's on which every time I go over there is like YESSSS FANTASTIC SONG as they'll have Pearl Jam or REM on or even a song I haven't heard since the 90s and had almost forgot about, and blah blah so much more fun to listen to.

lol pearl jam and rem? i'll take the generic pop hits instead

I straight up listen to the pop station on my way to work every day.
There's a latest hit pop station, and a station that mixes new stuff with like 90's hits and I switch back and forth.

The only rock station doesn't come in too clear but sometimes I'll keep it on if there's a song I like.

I need to put some more albums on my phone and put that auxillary cord running from my stereo to good use.
I just listen to my own music on my mobile or with a music player or youtube on my pc.
I snapped my iPod's shit up a while back so I've been using Slacker Radio. It gets the job done.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
No.

I plug my Ipod into pretty much everything instead of using the radio and slap it on shuffle. It's like the radio, except it plays songs I like and has no ads.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by MinterMan22
lol pearl jam and rem? i'll take the generic pop hits instead

rekt

occasionally because my tastes are terrible enough that about 30% of the time they will play music i enjoy.
Page 1 of 2