I’m not a professional acoustic guitar player, (actually my instrument of choice is bass guitar) but I’m looking into guitar slides. If any of you have opinions from playing with slides, please tell me. Your favorite material? Bottleneck, bullet, or bar? Your biggest struggle when playing with a slide? Have you ever used a slide on an electric guitar? Who are some good slide guitar players? How many chicks did you pick when playing with a slide? What are some good slide brands?

So, I’m kind of cheap and I also do ceramics. When I learned a slide was just a piece of glass or metal I immediately had to look up if I could make slides out of pottery. This guy has already beat me to it. If I could make slides and sell them at craft shows I would be ecstatic. Have you ever used a stone slide?
i have a glass dunlop and a metal one. i dont use 'em much. i usually just use a Dos XX beer bottle...that whole" 2 birds with one stone" theory. i started playing with them when i started working on theory of a Deadman's " bad girlfriend". they do a lot of electric slide.
loook up some good old chicago or delta blues legends. lotsa good slide there as well as guys like Steve Vai, Jimmy vaughn does some cool slide stuff.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
I have a glass dunlop as well, kind of fun to play around with.

As for making your own, a "bottle neck slide" is just that, and can be made from a bottle neck, theres even a few tutorials on how to make them on youtube
These are my choice. They fit like a glove. I've tried most every other type on the market. Particularly with acoustic, the glass slides are easier to manage (lighter weight), particularly when your guitar is not specifically set up with a higher action for slide.

http://www.therockslide.com/shop/precision-moulded-glass-rock-slides/
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
If you look around, you'll find people using slides of every conceivable material and some that are not very conceivable...
Favorites are the ones you've mentioned. Truth to tell, I don't find a whole lot of difference. I have a brass-bodied resonator, a cigar-box resonator, and a variety of other cigar-box guitars I play with slides.
I use mostly home-made items... The old standard bottleneck, brass, steel, copper, bone... I've tried most all of 'em.
They all sound pretty similar to me.... I notice that I get a bit less volume out of the brass as opposed to the glass.. Strictly preference and what you get used to.
Important things are how it fits, is it long enough to cover all six strings, does it have enough weight to develop a nice vibrato...
Fun to experiment.
Hoyt Axton once showed Johnny Carson how he played with a straight razor.... Said it was useful for self-defense if the crowd got rowdy...
Billy Gibbons used to play with random objects thrown up on stage by the audience.
Quote by Bikewer
... is it long enough to cover all six strings, ...

Not necessarily. A shorter one that covers 5 strings, like the one I posted, are far better for some tunings. Standard tuning, and open G are 2 examples. In standard tuning, most of your work will be done on the high E or other string in isolation, or on the 2nd, 3rd & 4th strings as a group. In open G, your root is almost always on your 5th string (think Rolling Stones, where Keef actually removes his 6th string and plays in open G). Covering all 6 strings is rarely required, in my experience. Part of the reason to get many, many slides, and try them all. Try different tunings, and pick the ones that suit.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Yeah, I was going to mention that.... There are a variety of shorter and/or even "stubby" slides.. A couple of models that you wear like a ring. Mostly meant for tunes where you might only play a short passage with the thing.
I think that nearly everything has been tried at one point or another.
I have used almost anything and everything you can think of as an improvised slide at some point. My phone is usually my go-to when I don't have a real slide. My favorite slide though is my handy Dunlop 921, though that is a steel tonebar and so is probably of no use to TS.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
"Old man on the corner, singin' my life,
And he's playing his guitar, with a rusty old knife...."

Tom Russell, "Beyond The Blues".

Hoyt Axton once played on the Johnny Carson show with a straight razor... Said it was useful for self-defense if the crowd got rowdy.
And heck, I'm sure plenty of people are familiar of the story of Joseph Kekuku and how he "invented" slide guitar by accident with a little piece of metal from the train tracks.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
now, i have a strange question. would a slide work on strings that were made from dental floss? before you call me crazy... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO08T4ukuac
there is also a tutorial on how to make them. i was thinking of making myself a cigar box guitar, and am considered using dental floss strings (why not?). it would make me happy if the slide worked on the dental floss, but i have no clue if it actually would.