Here is a link to a sample of it, but the one i want is 3in thick, 3ft wide, and about 8ft long.
http://www.joann.com/22-x-22-x-2in-high-density-chair-pad/9207838.html#q=high+density+foam&start=2

My question is will it work the same as acoustic foam in a vocal booth? It seems like it would work very well for my home studio. Any insight?

Sorry of this is the wrong forum, i didnt know where else to put it
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster
Martin and Fender acoustics

Amp:
Bias amps
Acoustic foam doesn't really do anything but add lots of reflections and reduce standing waves; it can be useful in reducing flutter echo, but that's really about it. You need A LOT of foam, in very high densities to do much good. The problems most studios have are in low frequencies, where foam is nearly useless.

In a vocal booth, it'd probably be okay, since you're going to cut most of that low end out anyway, and you want a more dead sound. I have no idea whether that foam would be as good, though
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ya its going to be more for sound proofing and getting rid of the echo and roomy sound you get
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster
Martin and Fender acoustics

Amp:
Bias amps
It won't do squat for sound proofing - hardly more than egg cartons will.

They will absorb reflections, I expect, but it is not acoustic foam. Acoustic foam is chosen for its particular properties. Furniture foam is chosen for its own properties.

I expect, if you just want to make one of those vocal "shields", it would be fine enough as a DIY solution.

You mention a vocal booth, though... that's different again.

What are the particulars of this vocal booth - size, construction, etc?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.