I recently got a Fender Mustang I V2, a 20w modeling amp. I'm kinda happy with it, but I feel like it's too complicated. I'm not at a level where I can understand what every effect does down to the bone and creating and downloading presets can get frustrating at times. Since I've got some time left on my warranty and no harm's been done to it, I've been considering taking it back to GC for a Champion 20 (also 20w so no volume difference) or possibly a 25R Frontman Series II (25w; yay more louds). Most likely the Champion, which is partly a modeling amp, but not to the extreme of the Mustang. The Mustang is sometimes hard to get a good clean sound on, and I think it will turn into a hot mess once I get into pedals.
Does anybody have a Mustang that can console me? Is there anyone with a Champion that thinks I should switch? Suggestions around $100? I just want to get the best value and something that's going to hold up and be a solid practice and small gig amp. I play classic rock like Boston, ZZ Top and Hendrix to blues like Clapton and B.B. King. I'm playing a Fender MP Tele Plus. (I'm a Fender guy, if you can tell)
What you have there is a good solid practice amp. It was a good investment for a beginner, I wouldn't recommend changing it. Read the manual thoroughly, and find out how to get a completely clean sound - basically for now you want to turn every effect off. Until you've progressed as a player, you need a clean sound so you can hear your mistakes.

Of the main modelling amps, the Mustang would be my choice for the clean tones you need so finding them shouldn't be a problem once you've read the manual and learnt how to use it. It's also a good choice for the classic rock crunchy tone you'll want eventually, I don't see any need to change it for now - especially for either of the amps you're considering.

You also mention pedals - with the amp you have, you don't need them. It has all the effects you need in the short to medium term, then when you decide you're ready to start trying to perfect your tone the first investment would be a bigger & better amp.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you're very new to playing guitar. As Gary said, keep the Mustang. It's a pretty decent amp. You have to find out how to get the tone you want, but that's gonna be the case with the Champion and any other amp, too.

A lot of guitar players that start with electric guitar actually think they would get a great tone simply by turing bas, mids and treble all to 100% and add in every immaginable effect. Don't be one of them. As Gary stated, turn off every effect. Start by turning the three EQs (bass, mids and treble or on some amps low, mid and high) to 50% / 12o'clock. From there, you turn only one of them either clockwise or counterclockwise. That way you get a better feeling on what every EQ knob does.

Also, keep away from pedals. Make sure you develope a decent playing technique before buying any of this stuff.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
I've been playing for two years. I started out on acoustic guitar. I wouldn't call myself intermediate but I also wouldn't call myself very new to the instrument. But I understand the advice. I guess the Mustang isn't all that intimidating.
When I bought my first modelling amp, I took me ages to figure out a decent tone. Don't be afraid to experiment, but also keep it simple. Make sure, you figure out what every controll causes. For example, turn the lows to 0% and high and mids to 70%. How does that sound? And how does it sound when you turn high to 0% and mid and lows to 70%? Doing this might give you the right feeling for what EQs actually do to your sound.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.