This thing looks like it will keep my wife from telling me to shut the heck up. I can also jam with the band and not destroy everyone's ears.

I have a MB DC-5. What do you think?

JCA
I never tried it, but I haven't heard anything good about it so far.
I'd stick with the master volume control or get a more serious attenuator if you really needed one.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Go with weber if you want a good attenuator. Round the same price I believe
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
The Jet City is $239 and it works with 4/8/16 ohm loads and it has a line out. Soldano designed it, so I'm sure it does not suck. But I have not seen one in person or a good review on it yet
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
The Jet City is $239 and it works with 4/8/16 ohm loads and it has a line out. Soldano designed it, so I'm sure it does not suck. But I have not seen one in person or a good review on it yet

So, I ordered it and will test it out this weekend. Now, if I could ever figure out how to get the Blue Yeti to give me usable recording tone, I'll be able to post a audio/video review.
L
So, Zzounds delivered the JCA today. Own if their distribution centers is in Oakland, NJ which is like 30 minutes from me...that's a problem if you have GAS.

So, I hooked it up today & ran it through some paces and the darn thing works! It doesn't even require power. I normally couldn't get the amp past 2 on the main & master volume. I got it to about 4 master today with a pretty high main volume as well. I could see the tubes glowing nicely. If you have one of these high volume monsters you know it's no joke.

Check out some images.

I'm gonna give it go again tomorrow and see if can dial a nice tone.

JA
Yup. This thing rocks! A little noisy when really cutting the volume but the tone is their in the lead channel. It seems the clean gets distorted a bit which is weird but I'm sure an engineer would know why.

I think this is a great product/value for some without variable power control.

JA
Sweet. Add that as another good option for an attenuator.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan